diana 56th pig hunt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes you lads make me laugh. Anything different and you mount right up on your high horses. Look at the reality of the situation, its a quarter grown piglet not an adult boar, head shot and quite

I have found this topic quite amusing to be honest. With the size of the pig it is quite clear it isn't quite fully developed yet and as we all know a young animals bones are still growing and getting

Posted Images

there was a company in leek,staffordshire a good few years ago that were making air rifles up to 7.62 cal pushing out 900ft lbs and over. if my memory serves me correct one was called the cheater the also did a few bullpup style ones.

• Like 1

thanks not going to eat it .they come out from near by hilly area in residential sectors at late night and cause accidents etc and feed on sector rubbish dumps ,These days its not allowed to carry our legal weapons due to security risks and they also make sound so i shoot them with my airgun near by my home.

Wow a pig at 40 yards with 37.7 foot pounds of energy.

Just goes to show if its all true just what a lethal tool a FAC air rifle can be.

I know someone personally who has shot many foxes at up to 40 yards with his Ripley doing 97 foot pounds and with bullet head ammo (not recommended) but a wild pig at 40 yards with normal ammo and 37 foot pounds is and must be pushing it.

Its a good job it went over straight away or you could have been in real trouble mate, small or not. Pigs are pretty ferocious animals when riled and wounded and one that small which is called a Uberlaufe in German is usually accompanied by a large boar or sow for guidance and protection.

I used to assist in a wild boar hunt in Germany and the men used Winchester 308 ammo. i witnessed boars run over 50 yards before keeling over dead when hit.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

i wanted to use prometheus lead free pellets but they were not accurate in my gun at all..tried lots of pellets brought from uk for best penetration in wood at 50 yard and H&N baracuda were doing best and they are also very hard and semi pointed ,and also they were very accurate in my gun ,in the end shot placement is the key.

Very nice shot :clapper:

I don't reckon it was anything to do with the penatration of the pellet, more the transfere of the energy into the brain that killed it.

Like Si said, it was a little one and the OP did say there was a much larger one with the group, undoutably the mother :yes:

I'm not suprised she didn't hang around with the other little uns to protect.

Tony

Pig skulls have stopped .223 rounds 1300lbs/ft and it is not recomended to shoot wild pigs with anything less than a .308, an injured pig is a very dangerous animal and you are shooting them with an air rifle, this isn't only dangerous it is cruel to the animal, as you cannot guarantee a humane kill.

• Like 1