Hit by dead pigeon

I've done it a good few times from a hide.

The best day was flighting pigeons in gale force wind, they were dropping low over the hill, the coming across the field barely 6ft up.

They'd fold and continue on much the same trajectory and punch straight through the hedge, swinging onto the second for a left and right had the first bird smacked me in the stomach through the hide net. I think it is more the shock.

I can only imaging the weight of a goose cracking you.

I feed the pigeons in the town centre and think it is a disgrace that you shoot them so leave them alone and find something else to do with your wretched lives.

think you need to join a different site mate

DON'T JOIN PIGEON WATCH! lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had a squirrel once that run at me from a corn field I was sitting under a oak tree at the time shooting pigeons I think it must of had babies or some thing in it as it jumped from about 4ft from the end of the barrel I shoot it as I swear it was going for my face I ended up with bits of squirrel over me coat and face it mad my mate laugh and myself a little after I got over the shock of nearly being eaten by a squirrel lol

I did nearly brain cookiemonster with a pigeon in the face when we went out.

Also, I remember airgunning squirrels, sat against a 500 year old oak when I heard a chattering above my head. I looked up and about 30ft up was an angry squirrel chattering at me and gradually getting closer! I turned and basically laid down facing up to get a shot at him. He was only about 15 yards away from my muzzle when I sent a pellet to his cranium and I had to roll left to avoid taking a squirrel to the nuts!

When I picked him up, I noticed he had flippin huge balls for an animal his size. It wasn't so much a squirrel with big bollocks as a huge pair of bollocks with a squirrel attached. I reckon he was half dragged out of the tree by gravity pulling him balls-first :icon_eek:

I know what you mean, The one I shot last night looks like it was fitted with the nuts off a terrier!

aint been hit by a bird but hit by a pellet, was shooting dreys with the shottie and there was a close one only about 10 ft high and i aimed straight at it, as soon as i heard the bang there was a sharp pain right on my nose and it must have been a rebound from the drey, that hurts