canada geese cull advise pls

hi chaps,we have a guy who owns a huge lake,its totally overun with canadas. i recently read in a mag that they are now on the pest list..........

1.do you require any licence etc to cull

2. whens best to shoot them.ie what months.(not doing it when nesting,hatching etc.

3.any advise welcome please.

Just depends what part of the country you live in to see whether they are on the pest list then all you need is what they call a general licence and cull them under the certain criteria. General licences can be found on a link BASC site and then be printed off when you've found the correct one. While your on there you might aswell see what other pests you come across and print off as necessary. Take it along with you when you do the cull and along with the landowners permission you'll be OK.

Just depends what part of the country you live in to see whether they are on the pest list then all you need is what they call a general licence and cull them under the certain criteria. General licences can be found on a link BASC site and then be printed off when you've found the correct one. While your on there you might aswell see what other pests you come across and print off as necessary. Take it along with you when you do the cull and along with the landowners permission you'll be OK.

ok great help thankyou

• Like 1

I thought canada's could be shot all year around without a licence with them being a none indigenous pest species..

ive got a few thousand to sort. spoke to DEFRA, although on the vermin list, i still needed a licence to kill them during the breeding season :huh: which was free so all well and good.

they dont like the 17hmr in em :victory:

I thought canada's could be shot all year around without a licence with them being a none indigenous pest species..

ive got a few thousand to sort. spoke to DEFRA, although on the vermin list, i still needed a licence to kill them during the breeding season :huh: which was free so all well and good.

they dont like the 17hmr in em :victory:

lol,that was another of my questions,can they be rifle shot?

tuplinjohn you are absalutally right these people are evil and are you aware that they have banned my good friends grahamglen and corrieanna17 just because they spoke their minds.

You're not that bright are you? Keep making those accounts because before long you won't be able to... ;)

tuplinjohn you are absalutally right these people are evil and are you aware that they have banned my good friends grahamglen and corrieanna17 just because they spoke their minds.

and because they were anti everything every member does on here.

and because they were anti everything every member does on here.

'They' appear to be all one and the same nutjob mate.. :yes:

hi duncan and joe been getting slagged on the over side for culling them out of season.if i dont somebody else will then thats my permission gone for when they are in season do gooders.les

Let em say what they want, if you've got permission and the general licence with them listed on it for the damage their causing or what you're protecting then its within the law, nowt they can do

hi duncan and joe been getting slagged on the over side for culling them out of season.if i dont somebody else will then thats my permission gone for when they are in season do gooders.les

Let em say what they want, if you've got permission and the general licence with them listed on it for the damage their causing or what you're protecting then its within the law, nowt they can do

most slagging off is down to pure jelousy :yes:

• Like 1