23 replies to this topic

#1 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:34 pm

hi chaps,we have a guy who owns a huge lake,its totally overun with canadas. i recently read in a mag that they are now on the pest list..........
1.do you require any licence etc to cull
2. whens best to shoot them.ie what months.(not doing it when nesting,hatching etc.
3.any advise welcome please.

#2 raynardman

raynardman

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:44 pm

Just depends what part of the country you live in to see whether they are on the pest list then all you need is what they call a general licence and cull them under the certain criteria. General licences can be found on a link BASC site and then be printed off when you've found the correct one. While your on there you might aswell see what other pests you come across and print off as necessary. Take it along with you when you do the cull and along with the landowners permission you'll be OK.

#3 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:10 pm

Just depends what part of the country you live in to see whether they are on the pest list then all you need is what they call a general licence and cull them under the certain criteria. General licences can be found on a link BASC site and then be printed off when you've found the correct one. While your on there you might aswell see what other pests you come across and print off as necessary. Take it along with you when you do the cull and along with the landowners permission you'll be OK.

ok great help thankyou
  • djinoo likes this

#4 Millet

Millet

Extreme chipolata hunter

• Members
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:17 pm

I thought canada's could be shot all year around without a licence with them being a none indigenous pest species..

#5 ratattack

ratattack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 pm

Cull them when they are moulting, they can't fly away then.
  • patterdalejoel likes this

#6 "Earth!"

"Earth!"

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:52 am

I thought canada's could be shot all year around without a licence with them being a none indigenous pest species..

ive got a few thousand to sort. spoke to DEFRA, although on the vermin list, i still needed a licence to kill them during the breeding season :huh: which was free so all well and good.
they dont like the 17hmr in em :victory:

#7 Qbgrey

Qbgrey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:50 pm

ive got a few thousand to sort. spoke to DEFRA, although on the vermin list, i still needed a licence to kill them during the breeding season http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... which was free so all well and good.
they dont like the 17hmr in em http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
lol,that was another of my questions,can they be rifle shot?

#8 ypaul57

ypaul57

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:26 pm

tuplinjohn you are absalutally right these people are evil and are you aware that they have banned my good friends grahamglen and corrieanna17 just because they spoke their minds.

#9 Malt

Malt

sheep bothering mod

• 24,964 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:07 pm

tuplinjohn you are absalutally right these people are evil and are you aware that they have banned my good friends grahamglen and corrieanna17 just because they spoke their minds.

You're not that bright are you? Keep making those accounts because before long you won't be able to... ;)

#10 The Duncan

The Duncan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:01 am

and because they were anti everything every member does on here.

#11 Malt

Malt

sheep bothering mod

• 24,964 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:08 am

and because they were anti everything every member does on here.
'They' appear to be all one and the same nutjob mate.. :yes:

#12 The Duncan

The Duncan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:15 am

'kinell! That eton teenager need to get out more :laugh:
  • Malt likes this

#13 BLACK-GUN

BLACK-GUN

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:25 pm

[attachment=181884:wankerzo4.gif]

[attachment=181884:wankerzo4.gif]
  • "Earth!" likes this

#14 leslie harold gedge

leslie harold gedge

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:17 am

hi duncan and joe been getting slagged on the over side for culling them out of season.if i dont somebody else will then thats my permission gone for when they are in season do gooders.les
  • BLACK-GUN likes this

#15 raynardman

raynardman

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:17 am

hi duncan and joe been getting slagged on the over side for culling them out of season.if i dont somebody else will then thats my permission gone for when they are in season do gooders.les

Let em say what they want, if you've got permission and the general licence with them listed on it for the damage their causing or what you're protecting then its within the law, nowt they can do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users