Another 2 today

Got woke up by the phone at 7am as I forgot I was taking a lad out today :icon_redface: . I got picked up by him and we went to the shoot to see what has been happening since I've been off sick :D . We got asked to check 5 places so with the dogs out we set off.

First place was a old 5 holer that has plenty of bramble on but nothing at home, so on to a 3 holer which my old bitch was keen to go in. Clipped the dog up and let the bitch go and she was soon marking away at 3 foot, with it being a bank side the digging was easy and fox number1 was dispatched :yes: .

Checked a couple more places but nothing home so we let the dogs work the cover, the dog started speaking on a scent which I knew meant he was on a fox scent, just by the way he barks on different quarry :thumbs: . The fox took them on a nice little run around before taking cover in a old drain, 1 way in and 1 exit.

Clipped both terriers up and gave the fox a good 20 minutes of silence before slipping my dog in, instantly he was baying like mad and the fox came out to be met by a number 7 cartridge, so another 2 dog foxes accounted for even though I nearly forgot about going out :angel:

It was a decent day in good company, although I did feel a bit guilty as I could of had Marvin up for the day since I offered to take him out but he will be up here soon :victory: even if I just have him holding his pup and my new black and tan border/lakie pup whilst my 2 adults are working :laugh:

• Like 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got woke up by the phone at 7am as I forgot I was taking a lad out today . I got picked up by him and we went to the shoot to see what has been happening since I've been off sick . We got asked to c

Good mornings work but just curious as to why did the terriers not follow the fox to ground in the drain before you had caught them up.

Feck, your a better man than me if you can train a terrier to do that! I doff my cap in your general direction!

Good mornings work but just curious as to why did the terriers not follow the fox to ground in the drain before you had caught them up.

Hard training mate :yes: , certain places I go if the terrier just went to ground then you would be on for days searching. I prefer them to mark to ground then let which ever one in I fancy :thumbs:

Feck, your a better man than me if you can train a terrier to do that! I doff my cap in your general direction!

D 'n' N I also use my 2 on the shoot for flushing and picking up, they have been trained to mark from the nest onwards so will mark anywhere

Hey I don't mind standing and watching as long as I'm learning sommat and the little fella gets to see what the bigger dogs do for fun, that said I'm not spade shy like, look forward to getting to meet up mate :thumbs:

Definetly about meeting up mate :thumbs:

D 'n' N I also use my 2 on the shoot for flushing and picking up, they have been trained to mark from the nest onwards so will mark anywhere

I am almost certain I could never train a terrier to mark a hole and not enter. Like I say mate, hats off to you they sound a handy team

• Like 2

Im yet to see that mate,dogs ive had and seen either tear down the hole,or just piss on like a duck.

If they want in they want in they want it. thats why a lot of more experienced lads use chains, ACCIDENTS spring to mind.

better to be safe than f****d well and truly.

I said it's down to training and keeping in close control of the dogs ;) , you are near morpeth so pm your name for some digging work and I'll show you mine on or do I know you already :hmm: