22lr on Rabbits

Zero for 30 to 60, 2 clicks for 80 and a further 2 clicks for 100yrds.

Consistant head shots at 100 if not breezy, off sticks/bipod/gate post

Eley subs

Not been on here for ages, this argument allways comes round.

Edited by cbw

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps she wasn't always Clare?

Zero at 50mtrs, longest was out at 100mtrs + but wouldn`t do that too often.

there shite dont bother

Posted Images

Ill stick to my 70 yard zero as thats the distance i encounter the bunnys at. Twas only 6 months ago i had to sneak up on the fuckers with an air rifle. Ive seen vids on youtube of people shooting joints of beef and steel plates etc at 200-300 yards and i can quite believe its possible with the right equipment and conditions etc etc but i think you would have to be smoking crack to try and take on a live target at that distance. Surely we owe it to the lives we are taking to do it quickly and efficiently as possible with no suffering. So play to win and shoot to kill.

• Like 1

Now now! Why would i suggest you have a 2 foot penis with a name like clare?

Perhaps she wasn't always Clare? :laugh:

yeah I was born Clive ;)

No always been Clare :) sorry it was just you posting it after I posted and it did seem like it was aimed at me :) people should shoot at ranges they are comfy shooting at- also depends on the land you shoot, ours is very flat with safe back stops, suppose on hills and such you have to shoot shorter

75 is a handy range to zero at you just have to remember it when your shooting close in as the first zero is about 15yrds and the round will be about 1.5" high at around 40yrds but most importantly it will only be 6" low at 100yrds or there abouts

i worked it out by hand once and 12yrds was the same zero as 75yrds with a 1 and 1/2 inch highspot at roughly 43yrds.

What ammo you using for that paulus I use RWS at the moment,it's always handy to know where the front of the ballistic arc is,

Anyone saying they zero a rimmy at 120yrds or whatever,, doesn`t shoot much lol

'Anyone saying they zero a rimmy at 120yrds or whatever, doesn`t shoot much lol'

only their mouth off ;)

That's told me then eh?

I honestly thought this forum was better than that.

75 is a handy range to zero at you just have to remember it when your shooting close in as the first zero is about 15yrds and the round will be about 1.5" high at around 40yrds but most importantly it will only be 6" low at 100yrds or there abouts

i worked it out by hand once and 12yrds was the same zero as 75yrds with a 1 and 1/2 inch highspot at roughly 43yrds.

What ammo you using for that paulus I use RWS at the moment,it's always handy to know where the front of the ballistic arc is,

eley

'Anyone saying they zero a rimmy at 120yrds or whatever, doesn`t shoot much lol'

only their mouth off ;)

That's told me then eh?

well it did start off that way lol.

noticed someone said that they worked out the first zero at 12yrd and second at 75, that will depend on barrel lenght scope height and most importantly ammo.

Also noticed a general dislike of HV ammo, Its all relative depends on the requirements, and HV ammo shoots far better with the moderator off.

only their mouth off ;)

That's told me then eh?

You zero your .22 at 120 yards? :blink:

Better than what? :hmm:

looking at some of the ranges here I must be crap ! I zero at 50yards and shoot out to about 65yards

I use RWS but I have just bought some Eley's , first thing i noticed about the Eley's is that they seem to have a better casting with a more consistent hollow point, but I have not shot any yet so will have to see if they are any better with my gun ?

• Like 1

looking at some of the ranges here I must be crap ! I zero at 50yards and shoot out to about 65yards

I use RWS but I have just bought some Eley's , first thing i noticed about the Eley's is that they seem to have a better casting with a more consistent hollow point, but I have not shot any yet so will have to see if they are any better with my gun ?

I like your brazen honesty :)

I like your brazen honesty :)

Better that then try to kid yourself , one quote I took note of when I used to ride was "never belive your own bull**** it will get you killed" i cant remember who said it but i think it was in Bike magazine

Not crap mate,, just honest and realistic :thumbs:

• Like 1
Ill stick to my 70 yard zero as thats the distance i encounter the bunnys at. Twas only 6 months ago i had to sneak up on the fuckers with an air rifle. Ive seen vids on youtube of people shooting joints of beef and steel plates etc at 200-300 yards and i can quite believe its possible with the right equipment and conditions etc etc but i think you would have to be smoking crack to try and take on a live target at that distance. Surely we owe it to the lives we are taking to do it quickly and efficiently as possible with no suffering. So play to win and shoot to kill.
Wish it was as simple as that, encountering bunnies at a known distance every time!!!!!.