22lr on Rabbits

Further to another tread where it was mentioned about Rabbits at distance with a 22lr, i would very much like to know what range some of you Zero at and what ranges do you tackle bunnies at. round here you have to be prepaired to take them at 100yrd plus, not every shot is that far but quiet a few.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps she wasn't always Clare?

Zero at 50mtrs, longest was out at 100mtrs + but wouldn`t do that too often.

there shite dont bother

Posted Images

Further to another tread where it was mentioned about Rabbits at distance with a 22lr, i would very much like to know what range some of you Zero at and what ranges do you tackle bunnies at. round here you have to be prepaired to take them at 100yrd plus, not every shot is that far but quiet a few.

100yrds is a long way with a 22lr and subsonic ammo. i only shoot out to 70/80 yrds max as i like to hit and kill what im shooting at plus ive never been the greatest of shots just joe average, zero at what ever range you think your going to shoot the most bunnys at :thumbs:

Same here I zero at 60yds but much past 100 with subs is pushing it, dont know about high velosities though never used them

there shite dont bother :laugh:
  • Like 1

Same here I zero at 60yds but much past 100 with subs is pushing it, dont know about high velosities though never used them

As paulus says HV rounds in .22 LR are crap

they may go a bit further then normal ones but the groups are shit even at shorter ranges so after 100 yards in the air you cant consistently hit anything

Even the RWS ones I am not talking the stingers /yellow jackets or anything,like I say I have never had much reason to try them,I bought some remington subs couple of weeks ago to put me on, and they were proper useless,took em back what I had left,

Even the RWS ones I am not talking the stingers /yellow jackets or anything,like I say I have never had much reason to try them,I bought some remington subs couple of weeks ago to put me on, and they were proper useless,took em back what I had left,

I would imagine all HV rounds are iffy, I dont know much about the science behind it all but I think that its down to the bullet speed being too close to the speed of sound, or partially supersonic and partially sub so makes the round unstable, whereas round that are fully sub or fully supersonic are stable (I think)

Winchester subs and ely subs seem to work the best in my rifle (BRNO)

:laugh: i like remmington subs a bit harder than eley or winchester so dont expand as much but if you hit a vital organ they kill just the same cheap to boot. my cz groups them better than winchester but not as good as eley. never tried rws hv, the worse ones i tried were cci mini mags 40% just went fizz the best if i can call it the best were yellow jackets but are still bad for accuracy at any range over 30yrds

i agree about the HV rounds they seem to be inconsistant at long range. i zero at 75 which does make it a bit of a pain at anything closer than 30. but i have a sort of mental map of where to adjust the cross hair at anything over 75. RWS and winnies go through my cz ok. must admit iam a bit surprised that not more people take the longer shots, i dont mean under the lamp i mean in daylight, under the lamp distance is that much harder to judge and my eyes are not what they used to be so i limit myself to the closer shots. the target below shows 3 CCI velocitors at 100 yards, not a great group, the crossed shots were rws H/V from 150 aimed at another target! you should see the 150yrd group!post-69637-0-31705100-1331230963_thumb.jpg

Same here zero'd at 60 yards can do a bit further at a push but don't feel i need to .i would sooner leave a rabbit for another time than risk wounding them and loosing them with long shots

zero at 55 yards, don't really push it past 80 yards. IMHO its not really the right tool for much further than that. I expect a right tool will be along shortly though ;)

Yeah - the HMR :yes: For feck's sake lets not broach the pro's/cons of the two though... again :laugh:

zero at 55 yards, don't really push it past 80 yards. IMHO its not really the right tool for much further than that. I expect a right tool will be along shortly though ;)

Yeah - the HMR :yes: For feck's sake lets not broach the pro's/cons of the two though... again :laugh:

might just lapse into a coma :blink:

I didn't actually mean that by 'I expect the right tool will be among shortly' lol!