chicken wire for a roof :thumbs:

lol I think he might mean in a release pen :thumbs: . can only speak of buzzards. choose a nice foggy morning (joke). Not much you can do legally.

Yep, release pens. They are our biggest taker of birds by far.

lol I think he might mean in a release pen :thumbs: . can only speak of buzzards. choose a nice foggy morning (joke). Not much you can do legally.

i suffered but a legal method which orks although messy looking is to suspend a line of feed sacks along the rides about 18" off the ground.

i also have strip light around my pens running from the electric fencing, works wonders at night for keeping the fox and tawnys at bay.

i suffered but a legal method which orks although messy looking is to suspend a line of feed sacks along the rides about 18" off the ground.

i also have strip light around my pens running from the electric fencing, works wonders at night for keeping the fox and tawnys at bay.

Aye, we tried hanging stuff above the release pens, cds, tinsel, feed sacks etc, it worked up to a point, but they just perch in the trees above and drop in. We don't really have a fox problem, and lose pretty much none from the pens to charlie. :thumbs:

unless theres a change in the law anytime soon which aint going to happen, your limited to the legal options, none :censored: buzzards are lazy and always on the look out for an easy meal try feeding them at site away from the pen.

unless theres a change in the law anytime soon which aint going to happen, your limited to the legal options, none :censored: buzzards are lazy and always on the look out for an easy meal try feeding them at site away from the pen.

Aye that's another route, but feck me, we have a lot of them. And the Gos are worse.

Radio's playing in the pens, just alternate days and places where you put them, scarecrows, again, move them daily around the pen, the rope type bangers hung up in the pen, all methods work to an extent, but they will eventually wise to them pretty sharpish, worth trying though.... :thumbs: .

Aye that's another route, but feck me, we have a lot of them. And the Gos are worse.

the gos is a far more warey bird than a buzzard man sized cut out hanging on a string so it moves in the wind

all ways hung feed bags but now we have found old cd's work a treat lookd like a rave but it works differ the hights you hang them ;)
  • Like 1

]

. We don't really have a fox problem, and lose pretty much none from the pens to charlie. :thumbs:

Never underestimate Charlie or the likes of mink etc. I know a guy who was sure hawks were the culprit around his release pens since he reckoned he had lamped out Charlie. I convinced him to get a trail cam to see what was going on when he wasn't there. Turned out a lamp shy dog fox was helping himself to a poult take-away most nights. Got him with a trap in the end = problem solved. Buzzards are slow, noisey and rather stupid(as BOP's go) so often get blamed for such problems since there presence in an area is much more obvious then a cute fox, mink, feral cat etc.

PS: Have you tried Mylar reflective tape around your pen??

Edited by killbilly