• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 midnight

midnight

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:27 pm

some of you have seen alot of these but i just want to show i dont just do laser cut 01 blanks . alot of these are hand forged by me , i dont know if folks know the differance between that and stock removal knife making but its huge , first and formost im a blade smith and thats not cutting shapes out of steel its forging with heat hammer and anvil . you will form the peice close as you can to the finnished blade . a blade smith and a knife maker are two very differant things , and i class my self as both but with biouse towards blade smith .
i rarly use grinders and most are worked with files and sand paper to there finnish , again something alot dont realise . its called hand made cos it is !
i hope you like this lot , its my first 11 months of work . the business is growing rapidly and there will be new aditions every week form now till i can no longer lift a hammer .
some of these are 100% made by hand including the handle materials . i hope to have entries in the uk blade show this year with knives made from scratch that includes the steel its made from as i want to add atleast one hand forge damascus/pattern weld blade .

this is an early blank , hand forged from the blade of a very old lawn shear .
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is also from the same shear it was an experiment with polymer clay as handle material
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is an old steel file forged to shape with scrap alluminum liners and hand made paper micarta handle . it found a home in austrial with a man that buys almost all my hand forged blades .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is the same sort of thing . it was well recived as a display peice omongst my pears . but was later modifeid into part of my falconers set .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

next up a customised EKA mora knife it was damaged from years of feild work. so was reborn into this , it now lives abroad .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

a hand forged hunter stick tang , made from a farriers file .
Posted Image
Posted Image

hand forged "canadian" knife , from file and ally , with my paper micarta . now in austria .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the falconers set . featured in the country mans weekly . never sold given to my beautiful partner gemma for use with here peregrine at rooks .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is a demonstraighton of the knife cutting 200 pages of the phone book in one single slice !!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

a couple of hand forges file steel blanks .
Posted Image

a re worked pat mitchel knife in stainless , owned by paulus from the hunting life
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the hellmando , this is the first it featured in the countrymans weekly , was was sent to london for a show of collectors .
hand forged from a farriers file on charcoal . and worked by hand . my own micarta handles ,this is my take on a camp /figher knife , a modern bowie !
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

tapered tang , any body can grind one try forging one !!

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • dymented and micckey like this

#2 Nobby

Nobby

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:34 pm

Nice work there midnight :thumbs:

#3 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:37 pm

top notch work mate i`m glad your buisness is taking off matt, any new knives you think i will like drop me a pm, i own a few of matts creations and there works of art lads.
atb paulus

#4 rascal_2005

rascal_2005

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:40 pm

really nice work bud. what sorts of price do you charge?

#5 Lab

Lab

Wasnt the carling....it was the tennents and the scrumpy.honest

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:44 pm

Absolutely stunning knifes them mate....fair play.. :good:

#6 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:44 pm

all good work from you buddy carnt folt um :thumbs:

#7 Youngun

Youngun

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:53 pm

Nice work matt looks really good mate.

Many thanks Alex

#8 Sjt657

Sjt657

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:02 pm

There beautifully done :) I have 3 now !!! And always a really good price :)

#9 midnight

midnight

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:07 pm

this is the second hellmando, skycat from the the hunting life commisioned for her husband as a birthday gift . again hand forged and is as close as i could get to the original !!
same materials ,same aproach but i had to cut the steel more than forge it to get is so close .
i have a step by step photo work in progress for this if anybody wants to see it ? its long but documents the process well !
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and this is what it all began as !!!
just paper and files !!
Posted Image

little and large , a greek copice (big fella) and my mother in laws walking knife . she wanted a pocket knife for her birthday and she got this . small one is file steel the big one is spring steel . both forged by me and finnished as they look leather bound and the other buffalo horn and ally . iv sold 2 small ones since this and 3 of the copice .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the motly crew, all made from leaf spring steel sold on here and gifted as xmass prseeis .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the middle one on the bottom row i kept and have been testing it to distruction . its cut up deer , done loads of carving etc and its still in beautiful condition , and takes any abuse throughn at it .!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

this one is a japaneese ainu makiri (native japanesse ) renowned bear hunters . owned by paulus from the hunting life .
file steel and buffalo , with hand forged makume gene (look that up ) its one of the most incredable materials and so so hard to make !!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is my first mini hellmando for skycat its hand forged from leaf spring steel . . it is mixed in with the ainu makiri and a bush craft knife . the bushy is in austria the mini hellmando is in cambridge and the jap knife is with paulus .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

my first damascus , small neck knife bought by a the hunting life member .
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is one of my 01 blanks that you lot dint buy ?
so i finnished it and sjt657 bought it last week . its got micarta handles . resin handled fire steel and kydex sheath , its nice to join in with you guys making the blanks into finnished knives .
Posted Image
Posted Image
can you see the pattern i etched in with acid ?

tiny neck knife sold with the above
Posted Image
Posted Image

there are more but i cant be bothered to load them all on to photobucket sorry .
i hope you enjoyed that ?

i have 5 mini hellmando blanks for sale this week and thats it !!!! they will never be available again . price aprox £40 posted , but you will have to wait until iv finnished them !!
all the best , matt.

Edited by midnight, 03 March 2012 - 01:53 pm.

#10 micckey

micckey

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:16 pm

the one i got off you is sharpe nd keeps its edge realy good top work realy is :)

#11 Wxm

Wxm

Charlie dimmock

• Donator
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:41 pm

100% pure tallent mate, great work

#12 midnight

midnight

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:37 pm

thanks guys iv juist been working on a viking axe head and a sanmai chef knife and i did a little pendant for gemma (il try and get my leg over for that ;) )

#13 spike25blue

spike25blue

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:41 pm

You got any pics Matt of the ace and chef knife email them me if ya don't wanna put em on here yet

Atb rob

#14 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:59 pm

Absolutely stunning mate.
I`ve said it before, yer an artist, :thumbs:

#15 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:02 pm

Absolutely stunning mate.
I`ve said it before, yer an artist, http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

so am i :drink: :drink: :drink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users