how much is this worth

I was only kidding. Paulus is correct its worth exactly what you want to pay for it. One of these ornaments that really doesnt have a set price. I wouldn't go too a £100 like but thats just me... :thumbs: Maybe £20-40 quid. Stig might be able to point you in the right price bracket mate.

taxidermy prices vary greatly depending who the taxidermist that did it was, also take them stoats there personel to me as i caught them and had them done, the cost was about £150 however as a rel sale value it would probably be in the £40 to £60 mark. but they will never be sold

The squirrel's got something sticking out the back of it's neck, and the stoat has a look as though the squirrel's just bitten it's nads off!

To be honest if you're after something that looks realistic, don't buy it. On the other hand if you just want an example of taxidermy from that era, then it's worth whatever you're willing to pay.

thats really nice I think I may just have to learn how to do this my self my skinning skills are pretty good just dont no what to do with the skins once I have taken them off I know they need to be treated just dont no with what and so on.

hi mark..

skinning is the easy part. the skin then needs fleshing[ paring down] the lip's need splitting, ears need inverting and the legs need to be skinned down to the toes. then the skin needs tanning. next a mannakin of the right dimensions needs making,or buying. then the most important part of taxidermy begings, . mounting the skin onto the mannakin and shaping the specimen. this is were a good mount is made or not. you have to capture the essance of the crearure your workin on. easier said than done. i been at it over 10years and i'm still learning. .best of luck to you . and if you have a go , keep at it. they get better the more ya do..

• 4 weeks later...