As for the most part my rabbitng is over, it's time to start the yearly war on the Tree Rats, so i thought i would have a quick hour on the estate after work. Called in to see the shoot captain and had a natter, and then went up and had a stroll around a beach copse. Managed a half dozen, from a half dozen shots, so was quite pleased. And an extra bonus, i noticed that about 40/50 crows are drawing into the cattle barns / feeders, so that should be another bit of sport in the next few weeks :thumbs:

DSCF6009.jpg

Actually lab, there were two, that made a run for a tree, the first i shot as itwas running, but the second made it to the tree, which was covered in ivy and i lost sight of it, but knew it was up there. A few good stomps from my size 11, on the tree trunk, and squizza decided he would leap from his high perch at my head :blink: Needless to say he never made it past the end of the .410. He was probably about a foot off the end of the barrel, when i split his head in two :laugh: The rest of the blood on the other tree rats is his :thumbs:

PJ - They are buzzard food mate :thumbs:

Actually lab, there were two, that made a run for a tree, the first i shot as itwas running, but the second made it to the tree, which was covered in ivy and i lost sight of it, but knew it was up there. A few good stomps from my size 11, on the tree trunk, and squizza decided he would leap from his high perch at my head :blink: Needless to say he never made it past the end of the .410. He was probably about a foot off the end of the barrel, when i split his head in two :laugh: The rest of the blood on the other tree rats is his :thumbs:

Oh its a 410.......hammer action thingy?....How old is that then?

buzzard food theres £3 there :laugh:

Probably be a fiver down the time you take them along in petrol..... :D

its an el chimbo lab sold here as a parkermy

its an el chimbo lab sold here under the name pakermy 1970`s :laugh:

Lab- yep, hammer .410, perfect for a lot of the shooting i do. No idea on age, it's spanish i think, i have another belgium .410 here, also hammer, and best of all, a very old (great grandfathers) hammer 12 bore :thumbs: Classy. :thumbs:

Paulus - who the hell would eat mangled, lead riddled tree rat? :bad:

Lab- yep, hammer .410, perfect for a lot of the shooting i do. No idea on age, it's spanish i think, i have another belgium .410 here, also hammer, and best of all, a very old (great grandfathers) hammer 12 bore :thumbs: Classy. :thumbs:

he rang me before xmas and asked me to get 50 :laugh: beyond me :laugh:

my game dealer is only 200yrds away from my house :laugh:

You'd spend 8quid on flim for your camera. And dont try and bullshit me saying you use a f*****g digital...i wont believe you.... :laugh:

he rang me before xmas and asked me to get 50 :laugh: beyond me :laugh:

Shotgunned? Makes no sense, they wont take a shotgunned rabbit, but want a tree rat?

Works out better here if the buzzards eat them and not the poults, at 3.50 a poult, we are probably 'making' more off them than you :laugh::tongue2: