A word of warning....Avoid Parachute Smocks!!!!!!

Hi Guys, Just a quick word to say that the British Army Notably 16 AA Brigade are finally implementing the change over from Combat 95 DPM into the new multicam Personal Clothing System MTP so expect a glut of Ex Surplus stores to be stocking old DPM Para Smocks.......These are easily identifaible from regular Windproofs by the "Tail fastening" At the bottom of the rear panel (when you see it you will know what i mean)and the elasticated Cuffs on the end of the arms and no hood,IF in doubt, the label on the neckseam should state .....(Smock parachutist)

PLEASE DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY ANY SELLERS GIVING IT THE BIG "AIRBORNE/COMMANDO/SAS/SNIPER" SPIEL.....

These garments were designed purely with Military parachuting in mind and general wear around barracks....In the field they are nothing short of pish, They will not keep you dry from the lightest shower,become laden in weight when soaked, and let in the wind....Most of the boys in the brigade wear windproofs when on exercise which shows the calibre of them....Save your money boys and get a good windproof instead, You just wont look as cool

Hi Guys, Just a quick word to say that the British Army Notably 16 AA Brigade are finally implementing the change over from Combat 95 DPM into the new multicam Personal Clothing System MTP so expect a glut of Ex Surplus stores to be stocking old DPM Para Smocks.......These are easily identifaible from regular Windproofs by the "Tail fastening" At the bottom of the rear panel (when you see it you will know what i mean)and the elasticated Cuffs on the end of the arms and no hood,IF in doubt, the label on the neckseam should state .....(Smock parachutist)

PLEASE DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY ANY SELLERS GIVING IT THE BIG "AIRBORNE/COMMANDO/SAS/SNIPER" SPIEL.....

These garments were designed purely with Military parachuting in mind and general wear around barracks....In the field they are nothing short of pish, They will not keep you dry from the lightest shower,become laden in weight when soaked, and let in the wind....Most of the boys in the brigade wear windproofs when on exercise which shows the calibre of them....Save your money boys and get a good windproof instead, You just wont look as cool

only thing with windproofs in field they rip easy where a parasmock dont ,

Mate Iv wore a para smock for years and regretably I cant wear it no more because of the change over to new Multi Cam harry shite windproof smock with thermal pockets.

Iv wore my para smock on exersise with army and lamping and ferreting for years and you cant beat them.

Only military jacket that comes anywere near is good is old school arctic smock/ sas, The old norway issue but even they aint as good, unless you sew old pair socks or hose tops onto the cuffs.

Mate Iv wore a para smock for years and regretably I cant wear it no more because of the change over to new Multi Cam harry shite windproof smock with thermal pockets.

Iv wore my para smock on exersise with army and lamping and ferreting for years and you cant beat them.

Only military jacket that comes anywere near is good is old school arctic smock/ sas, The old norway issue but even they aint as good, unless you sew old pair socks or hose tops onto the cuffs.

may i ask what unit you were?...sewing socks on smocks is very hatish dont you think?lol
  • Like 1

may i ask what unit you were?...sewing socks on smocks is very hatish dont you think?lol

Why is sewing hose tops onto your cuffs hatish? your going have wristlets on anyways

Edited by jarv5116

Why is sewing hose tops onto your cuffs hatish? your going have wristlets on anyways

because paratroopers dont do that lol
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Para smocks are pish. Especially when it's the royal horse artillery wearing them with some scrim around their neck lol

Personally I like the new MTP combats, they're comfy and if you go on looks (and I don't) MTP looks smart as feck. The fleece lined pockets in the new smocks are useful and the fact that you don't have to tuck your shirt in makes you more comfortable. Just a personal opinion.

I wear temperate DPM for out with the dogs/ferrets, lightweight MTP and UBACS on hot days and even wear MTP shorts in the summer........ ITS THAT'S SMART! And I'm sad as fcuk.

Para smocks are pish. Especially when it's the royal horse artillery wearing them with some scrim around their neck lol

Personally I like the new MTP combats, they're comfy and if you go on looks (and I don't) MTP looks smart as feck. The fleece lined pockets in the new smocks are useful and the fact that you don't have to tuck your shirt in makes you more comfortable. Just a personal opinion.

I wear temperate DPM for out with the dogs/ferrets, lightweight MTP and UBACS on hot days and even wear MTP shorts in the summer........ ITS THAT'S SMART! And I'm sad as fcuk.

You forgot to include yer hunting WHITE trainers