WEIHRAUCH HW95K + SILENCER .177 cal

Hi guys,

i'm new to shooting and have aims to go hunting for rabbits and wood pigeons.

my local gun smith has recommened the WEIHRAUCH HW95K + SILENCER .177 cal i just wanted a wider audiences opinion as eveyone i've spoken to locally has said buy a wiehrauch it will last you a life time.

can you guys please help me in anyway as im a fish out of water lol

thanks in advance matt :)

.177 is as capable of killing as the .22, it is flatter so easier to aim, flies faster so gets there quicker. I have had many kills both fur and feather in .177! The old saying that .177 for feather and .22 for fur comes from old airgun days when .177 did not have the power that can be delivered by todays guns. The HW95 in .177 is an easy recoil to get used to as well.

The HW build quality is legendary and if you ever come to sell it you will be glad you bought an HW! I would recommend a Hawke MAP or SR scope, that is the type of reticle the scope has. Just see which scopes provides the best image to your eyes, you are the one who will be using it!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1

Depends how good or bad the gun is, some people swear by a tuning kit. My wife's gun is very low noise, very low recoil and 11 and a half foot pound energy. We think it would be a waste of money tuning it as the thing is still under warranty and works well. If you buy a secondhand one you will get very little or no warranty and you do not know how used or abused it is, so it could be worth having a rifle serviced. If you are doing that then it could be worth fitting a tuning kit. They are supposed to produce more even power and reduce recoil, but the 95 is not a harsh recoiling rifle anyway!

Edited by secretagentmole

I would get Tony at Sandwell to tune it for you Matt before you take it home, it will be the best £60 you will spend in the airgun game.

I have heard that new HW95 can be a bit lively especially .177, which is also the caliber I would go for if I were you.

A Sandwell tuned .177 HW95 will hold it's value well.

Enjoy it, they are great guns :thumbs:

• Like 1