hi

THE BEST IS A LOT MORE THAN £450.00 BUDDY

you will get a good new spring rifle for that or a second hand Air Arms S400.

I would go for a spring rifle first, and learn to shoot it accurately :thumbs:

then if you get keen and want to move up,then get a PCP

Davy

Hi Lee.

Some good sugestions put forward above.

The best thing you could do now, is go along to your local RFD and hadle a few, see how they feel to you.

See what wieght and fit suits you, make your mind up on calibre ( Im with Shep on his choice HW95 .20 )

Good luck with your search mate, let us know what you deside on.

Bill.

£450 is a nice chunk of loot and you should be able to get a decent gun for that.

What I recommend to most people is to get down a local gun shop and have a look at a few different guns. See what you like the look & feel off. See what fits you. Then walk away and do your internet research on prices and see what sort of price you can pick up the gun you like for.

I started off looking at a BSA when I was looking, then checked out the Air Arms s410k (I liked the idea of the carbine as its easier to handle and lighter), then looked at the weihrauch hw100. The hw100 was just too heavy for me, its certainly a nice gun, but compared to the s410 it just didnt feel right to me. It was also a lot more expensive. So, I opted for the s410.

There are a few gunsites you can checkout ads on, also a few different forums have for sale sections. Ive kept an eye on the prices since I got mine and they hold their value well. I could probably sell mine now for about the same I paid for it 2 or 3 years back.

You`d be able to snap up an s410 (with scope & silencer) for about £350->£400 which would nearly give you enough left to get a pump.

Id also definatley go PCP. A lot of people start off with a springer then after a few months sell it for a loss and get a PCP. Everyone I know who has bought a PCP says they cant believe they didnt get one sooner!

Good luck!

For £450 Id get a AA ProSport any day of the week mate.

Si.

Yes good call Si, although I would probably go for the TX 200 HC, we should be buying British whenever we can.

yep, i'd go for a pro sport or tx200 too, depending on which one felt right. ah who am i kidding, i'd go for the pro sport!

cheers, wurz

£450 is a nice chunk of loot and you should be able to get a decent gun for that.

What I recommend to most people is to get down a local gun shop and have a look at a few different guns. See what you like the look & feel off. See what fits you. Then walk away and do your internet research on prices and see what sort of price you can pick up the gun you like for.

I started off looking at a BSA when I was looking, then checked out the Air Arms s410k (I liked the idea of the carbine as its easier to handle and lighter), then looked at the weihrauch hw100. The hw100 was just too heavy for me, its certainly a nice gun, but compared to the s410 it just didnt feel right to me. It was also a lot more expensive. So, I opted for the s410.

There are a few gunsites you can checkout ads on, also a few different forums have for sale sections. Ive kept an eye on the prices since I got mine and they hold their value well. I could probably sell mine now for about the same I paid for it 2 or 3 years back.

You`d be able to snap up an s410 (with scope & silencer) for about £350->£400 which would nearly give you enough left to get a pump.

Id also definatley go PCP. A lot of people start off with a springer then after a few months sell it for a loss and get a PCP. Everyone I know who has bought a PCP says they cant believe they didnt get one sooner!

Good luck!

I started with the PCP which is great for clinical pest control but I get ten times the pleasure from using a springer.

If I knew what I know now I would have started with my HW95.