The Proto Type of the new Nite - Hunter Digi Add On

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads Im just reviewing the item and keeping out all the politics of what the add on is based on or if its an attempt to cheapen the NS unit.   I want to stay neutral and not get involved with a

does anyone on here understand what ghillies is ranting on about or do you need to be a psychiatrist.anyway back to the review. there are people posting negative comments on here about an item they ha

Yes Pesca,   Funny you wrote this buddy as Ive just tested it with 2 IR lamps, one home made by me and one from Nite - Hunter and they both work very well indeed.   Alot of peope will be very plea

Posted Images

Brilliant mate,

I would love you too come and have a look Lksopene especially with you being a fan of another unit.

I was thinking about you the other day when driving from Anthoni's house as I saw the signs for Worksop and thought it was a shame i didn't have your mobile as we could of met for a coffee and chat buddy. I was just 7 miles from Worksop at that time :yes: .

Please come though with a open and un-bias mind and post on here afterwards a true and accurate for what you witnessed buddy :thumbs: .

Remember we are not looking here at the fixings etc as its a prototype, just the results and its potential as a air rifle NV hunting unit.

Please bring your Nite Site too and we can do a side by side comparison for the final review if you have a recorder. If not the Nite- Hunter mini DVR may work with yours :yes: .

If you could come to mine tonight (Sat 3rd March) for 1900 hrs you could join the other lads that are coming to have a look too before i have to do other things.

If you cant make tonight for a hour then it will have to be the week after next (from Wed onwards) as as studying for a PRINCE2 and APMP management diploma.

Ill PM you my mobile number now pal.

I've got another 20 minutes left before i post up a clip that i filmed yesterday and very early this morning when it was very dark out side that you may find interesting pal.

The clip will be ready at 1022 hrs which is when ill add it to my other post in this General section.

I think a lot of lads will see the units potential after watching the short clip :yes: .

Regards

Si.

Edited by zini

Thanks Gaz :thumbs:.

Did you get anything when out shooting pal?

Lets hear the review and see the pictures ;) .

Si

Hello Si, only rats mate fields around my permission alive with rabbits think ill investigate to who owns them haha

You get much the other night with Emma?...

Regards

Gareth

Thanks Gaz :thumbs:.

Did you get anything when out shooting pal?

Lets hear the review and see the pictures ;) .

Si

Hello Si, only rats mate fields around my permission alive with rabbits think ill investigate to who owns them haha

You get much the other night with Emma?...

Regards

Gareth

Now there's a question :whistling:

Hi Si

looking at your videos looking good

I now you say all these long videos of like the fox are on 10x scope and 10x cam

any chance you can do it then zoom out so can see what its like on a normal mag say 6x

plus would like to know how all this mag would work on your trajectory, as on like 6xmag on a 22lr at 75yard zero your 1 mill dot high at 50 and 1 low at 100 so would this be the same

@ Si. Thanks you for popping over last night before going on your business trip. Me and Steve are converted and Steve is intending selling his own unit now and ordering a NiteHunter add on. For anyone who as not witnessed this unit but is skeptical of its capability you really need to see it for yourselves. From what I saw and comparing it with a £600 night vision rifle scope rated at gen 1 the add on was far far better with the illuminator turned on and the viewed picture is super bright and clear even at the 150 yards Si set it up at just before he had to depart on business.

Tan.

Edited by Tanican

Hi Si

I now you say all these long videos of like the fox are on 10x scope and 10x cam

any chance you can do it then zoom out so can see what its like on a normal mag say 6x

plus would like to know how all this mag would work on your trajectory, as on like 6xmag on a 22lr at 75yard zero your 1 mill dot high at 50 and 1 low at 100 so would this be the same

Hi mate,

Im away at the moment for a week on a management course.

The things that you are asking to see I have done in the full review :thumbs: .

After speaking to Nite - Hunter yesterday he as managed to knock another 1 inch off the unit and now fitted a even better lens and managed to get a much better focal distance (means nothing to me but to others it may mean something). He tells me the picture is now even better :icon_eek: .

The newer model is now getting rubberised at this moment and he as asked that i wait before releasing the review as he wants me to now add the model that is 3 months further on advanced than the unit Im using at the moment so i can show the advances he as made in production and design.

Regarding the aim points at various mags.

You can have the add on at any mag you want from 1 to 10 and it want change your hold over / under points as its only magnifing your scope and nothing more.

The difference will be seen if you turn the scope mag ring up or down.

I shoot on x10 in the day and can use x 10 at night too now and still use the same hold over points.

Si.

I almost bought a gen 2 unit recently, glad i didn't now.

What you guys are sayings good enough for me, i'm gonna buy one of Nite-Hunters units, already got the ir 400 on the way.

Thanks for the info guys.

Atb Chris.

Hi Si

Hi mate,

Im away at the moment for a week on a management course.

The things that you are asking to see I have done in the full review :thumbs: .

After speaking to Nite - Hunter yesterday he as managed to knock another 1 inch off the unit and now fitted a even better lens and managed to get a much better focal distance (means nothing to me but to others it may mean something). He tells me the picture is now even better :icon_eek: .

The newer model is now getting rubberised at this moment and he as asked that i wait before releasing the review as he wants me to now add the model that is 3 months further on advanced than the unit Im using at the moment so i can show the advances he as made in production and design.

Regarding the aim points at various mags.

You can have the add on at any mag you want from 1 to 10 and it want change your hold over / under points as its only magnifing your scope and nothing more.

The difference will be seen if you turn the scope mag ring up or down.

I shoot on x10 in the day and can use x 10 at night too now and still use the same hold over points.

Si.

Thanks Si

i look forward Si, to some new footage as and when the improved model is available,

good luck with your management course , does this mean you may be leaving HM,s service

shortly, ?!!

atb brian

Yes Brian,

I will be departing the military after 22 years service very soon and so am looking at getting all my qualifications now ready for civilian street and a new career.

I want to be able to support Laura well on my departure from the military and give her the nice things she rightly deserves :thumbs: .

I've already completed levels 4,5 in management at the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and level 6 at NVQ and now am sat completing the PRINCE 2 Project Managers course then the APMP course (end of March) followed by the Management of Risk course in October.

They are all added strings to my bow as they say and as the military are paying for them for me its a great start for the future i think.

Just got to find a new job now :wallbash:

Si.