lost gun

This has been done to death now let's move on eh?

i know it has but i'd like to hear what happened because its a very rare case and it,ll be interesting to see how the police handle it.

I agree. If it' is true i would like to know the out come.

I would like to know to. I know a farmer years ago that had a 4 10 he went to his cabinet to show me and it was not there he had not used it for a couple of years so he went round his house it turned up in his out house in parts some old shells and the stock in a draw and the barrels down the side of some cupboards it took him a couple of of hours to find it all. I also had the police loss the paper work for my 9mm garden gun when I moved I had the same officer turn up to check my cabinet and guns for safety they had no records of it I could have sold it lost it and they would have never known other then it being on my certificate as still being mine although the officer knew it was on it at one point as he gave me loads of shells for it when I bought it as he had sold his old one nice bloke. He sorted it

i recently moved house....

i spoke to my feo before moving and did as she told me refixing my cabinet and taking care of the guns etc.....i have 4 guns, i check and clean them regular so i would realise if i left one out anywhere.......i can see how it could get left when you have loads of kit with you, ferreting or pigeon decoying etc......however i am very fastidious re cleaning and putting away.

anyway i sent my shotgun certificate to the police with all 4 guns listed on it, and i had obviously informed them in writing within 7 days as per the law of each gun i had bought. and the actual cert that i sent back had 4 entries .....all 4 of my guns.......i got my certificate back with only 3 guns listed?

the last gun i had got wasn't listed, i had sent the notification of transfer form, as had the lad i got it from (he filled it in at my house so i know he did also) and yet despite getting the two transfer forms and my sgc with it listed they had sent my new addresses sgc without it? I rang my feo and she said something derogatory about the HQ staff, and said it was their fault/problem......so i rang the HQ, and on my file there......it wasn't listed?? the lady at the firearms hq just asked for the serial number and said she had put it on my file........the next day i got a phone call from the lad i got it from, they were chasing him to see if he still had that gun.........in fact they had him listed as having 4 guns.....he now only has 1!!!!!!!!! so they are now chasing their tails trying to establish who has what shotguns...........i know an FEO personally and know that the national firearms database lists all my guns on my file.....despite it still not being listed on my certificate......

its not just shooters who lose guns!!

well has yet nothing has been done ,the local firearms officer has given him more time to find his gun and thats about it has now ,if there is a out come i shall tell you ,so at least hes been given every chance to find the gun ,hes left messages on the answer phone but has yet no reply .sorry i can not be more helpfull at this time ,has like you say its a unsual case .

More than unusual. it pretty much defies belief

If this is true then the FEO must be worried about himself getting into the shit for some reason, NO WAY would any FEO I`ve come across, "give him more time to find it "

Just ridiculous. and I don`t really believe it`s true.

?????????

What a load of cods wallop, I wonder how much he's payin that feo to give him more time to find the offending gun lol wish my feo was as easy to persuade,I would be lamping with a 50 cal poking out the window

It's too much to take in,

one word bullshit, i had our flo on the phone the otherday as she had been trying to get hold of a lad i know who, she said hadnt renewed his license. i know for a fact he sent it off because i was there and helped him fill it in. anyway the converstion went if you can get hold of him, tell him to take his guns to the nearest rfd by tomorrow and inform us hes done that, or we are comming out to take his guns and he is likely to be charged with possesion of firearms without a license, so your story is just that a story flo`s carnt afford to mess about as they are subject to the same laws as the rest of us.

one word bullshit, i had our flo on the phone the otherday as she had been trying to get hold of a lad i know who, she said hadnt renewed his license. i know for a fact he sent it off because i was there and helped him fill it in. anyway the converstion went if you can get hold of him, tell him to take his guns to the nearest rfd by tomorrow and inform us hes done that, or we are comming out to take his guns and he is likely to be charged with possesion of firearms without a license, so your story is just that a story flo`s carnt afford to mess about as they are subject to the same laws as the rest of us.

your right, but it would also be legal for him to place them on someone else's certificate and do the transfer forms as loaned or gifted.....and if a friend with a licence took the guns in it wouldn't cost him anything as the RFD will charge him

• Like 1

your right, but it would also be legal for him to place them on someone else's certificate and do the transfer forms as loaned or gifted.....and if a friend with a licence took the guns in it wouldn't cost him anything as the RFD will charge him

thats fine for his shotguns but whats the chance of a friend having all the relevet slots for his rifles :hmm: