New GPS telemetry

bobcullen79

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it would be nice if they are found to do the job without any messing , they are very afforable for everyone , if they are right i couldnt see how he wouldnt sell a vast ammount of units , i hope the f

Ian, a man named Darren Antwis in Runcorn has tried it and says they're great (inbox me on Facebook and ill give you a link to his profile (im Scott Allan)), 2 reputable breeders have also bought one, Adrian halgarth and griff (Dont know second name). The range on these is the whole of the UK and is accurate down to the tree or building the birds is in or on. I would of bought one myself but its pointless as i will be flying a spar this season. the box itself is unsuitable for birds (correct me if im wrong) under 1lb 7oz due to its size.

Far from ideal as I understand u get a place to head to het there and fund its nót there so have to repeat ect,this can be a very timely process than having a constant dirwction updated all the time ,idea there but nót something to make mě change léta put it that way ,Gps will také over but nót this systém

Wants to be like a satnav always giving u info

Some pretty important question you've put across their Grovesy that need addressing.

Can't say I like what I'm hearing about this GPS System so far so I'll be sticking to my old MN10, Until it breaks I won't be changing it :thumbs:......

Some pretty important question you've put across their Grovesy that need addressing.

Can't say I like what I'm hearing about this GPS System so far so I'll be sticking to my old MN10, Until it breaks I won't be changing it :thumbs:......

Here here tony and samé here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Daryll from GB Falconry sent me and Adrian Halgarth (Scotland) a unit each, on first inspection I thought it a bit big so only really suitable for birds of around 2lb up, it fits on a track pack and lays neatly between the wings.

Switching on the unit, it goes into searching for sat etc, to cut a long story short, if your bird goes off you phone the unit up and it will ring twice then hang up on you, the unit on bird will then call you back with a text which when opened will bring up a map with its location to nearest postcode, and its altitude so you know how high off ground its sitting or still flying.

It is definately the way forward and Daryll will no doubt move forward when chips become less expensive and smaller.

Adrian has been using his unit extensively up in Scotland where signals are hard to find, he sent out a collegue with a GPS unit and standard tag, he lost signal on tag after 4 miles but the GPS unit kept giving Adrian its whereabouts continuosly !!!

It does work with a android phone and the distance is ............ as long as you have a signal, this Country or abroad ....

Griff that someone mentioned owns the Welsh Hawking Centre in Barry South Wales, I used to work there 20+ years ago, he is very well respected and spends most of his time out in Dubia now.

Daryll is a nice man to do business with and well worth a look on his website for Falconry equipment.

Regards All

Alec

P.S Its a shame I didn't have this before my Peri/Lanner p***** off, she still not back so eyes to the sky all, Thanks add me on facebook: Alec Shearer

Edited by Wingbeat

Hi All

Daryll from GB Falconry sent me and Adrian Halgarth (Scotland) a unit each, on first inspection I thought it a bit big so only really suitable for birds of around 2lb up, it fits on a track pack and lays neatly between the wings.

Switching on the unit, it goes into searching for sat etc, to cut a long story short, if your bird goes off you phone the unit up and it will ring twice then hang up on you, the unit on bird will then call you back with a text which when opened will bring up a map with its location to nearest postcode, and its altitude so you know how high off ground its sitting or still flying.

It is definately the way forward and Daryll will no doubt move forward when chips become less expensive and smaller.

Adrian has been using his unit extensively up in Scotland where signals are hard to find, he sent out a collegue with a GPS unit and standard tag, he lost signal on tag after 4 miles but the GPS unit kept giving Adrian its whereabouts continuosly !!!

It does work with a android phone and the distance is ............ as long as you have a signal, this Country or abroad ....

Griff that someone mentioned owns the Welsh Hawking Centre in Barry South Wales, I used to work there 20+ years ago, he is very well respected and spends most of his time out in Dubia now.

Daryll is a nice man to do business with and well worth a look on his website for Falconry equipment.

Regards All

Alec

P.S Its a shame I didn't have this before my Peri/Lanner p***** off, she still not back so eyes to the sky all, Thanks add me on facebook: Alec Shearer

im sorry, since when has daryll been a nice man? he cant even answer a question with out bad wording folk,

the unit is a point in the right direction, but not with GB falconry, this unit is for dogs and is made by another company, daryll will not answer your questions if he dont like them, also gets abusive with people if you constanly keep asking,

there is a telemetry tester in japan who ordered one from him, he is a well respected tester, but daryll didnt like the idea after he realised he'd sent one to him, see iff if you want the results, im sticking will my more expensive but more reliable and great aftercare marshall

atb bullet