New GPS telemetry

bobcullen79

Hi All. Anyone seen the gps system on ebay for £150, links up to a smart phone.

John from falconry innovations mentioned something a couple of weeks back,when he dropped some stuff round, and said it would cost £600 for a liscence, per unit,I think. Then I seen it on ebay for £150. What I want to know, is, is it gonna be a viable system or is it best left alone.

Matey on ebay hasnt even released it yet, and wants you to "watch" the item to give him an idea of numbers. Sounds a little too good to be true... Thanks for your time.

hi.........yes its £150 and it doesnt need a licence......i am the one that developed it...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it would be nice if they are found to do the job without any messing , they are very afforable for everyone , if they are right i couldnt see how he wouldnt sell a vast ammount of units , i hope the f

GB Falconry supplies launched the product just over a week ago........its the latest technology.......all you need is the tracker and a smart phone......please do not listen to garbage put out by others..........its awesome. suitable for birds peregrine and up....not small birds

available on Amazon and Ebay.....if your bird hasnt got a tracker pack fitted you can buy the system with the tracker pack for £160

I spoke to the guy, via the message system on e-bay. A similar system was being sold at the Festival in 09, but a bit bigger and 'stand alone'. The one on e-bay only works if you have a smart phone or I-pad, I have neither, so it would cost me more than £150.....the selling point he uses! I don't know about licences etc, but the idea has been around for years, the problem is the power source. Batteries have been miniaturised to provide the wattage and milliamps, the problem is the price of them, around £175 each. I don't know what the one on e-bay uses.

it works with an ordinary phone and (a tom tom live) too or laptop.....it doesnt need a licence...that was crap put out by marshalls to discredit me

you dont think twice about tom tom but 10 years ago..........things move on..............

tiny loc not wishing to be left out in the cold are launching their gps system in 2 weeks time.....£1300

now if you measure quality by price then dive in

or buy 7 of mine....one for each day of the week.....

have any reviews been done by falconers?

i think i saaw the tx weighs 40 grams ?

i am genuinly interested in reading a review on this equipment and/or trying it out myself.

i take it you will be at the west midlands game fair and the falconry fair ?

waidmannsheil

Just been reading the instructions on eBay and it says 'once the birds settles in a tree ' you can get the location ,not very good for a bird on the wing then or a falcon that's heading into the next county ,no info on range also

Edited by grovsey

jeross came on the market a number of yrs ago for around the same price and there where terrible,not gps but a tracking system none the less.if you look at the listing there is no info regarding ,distance it can track ,how upto date the info is .i.e if the bird moves, like they do how much behind is it ect,how close the within x amount of meters they say it will be accurate to ,there is alot of factors you need before commiting to this .hopefully the inventor will be back on tonight and answe all these.if the unit does what it says on the tin it must of been on field test with respected faclonrs in the community to vouch for this,i remember tinylok when they brought there out and they give out a few units to a few facloners to field test and give feed back ,thats how confident they where about there system and they cost alot lot more so no reason this has not happened

Edited by grovsey

it would be nice if they are found to do the job without any messing , they are very afforable for everyone , if they are right i couldnt see how he wouldnt sell a vast ammount of units , i hope the fella does come back on and answer any questions as i would be interested in buying it

• Like 1