You could get 100 responses to this and everyone will be different. Personaly its gotta be red first and fallow second. Never tasted a red that i considered strong or liver like in any way. Never tried roe or muntey cause we dont have them over here. The only other deer ive ate is sika and i wouldnt thank you for them but a few people i shoot with love them!! Atb Mark

I know you dont have any muntjac in ireland have people coming here to shot them its a shame in a way as it taste so good if i have any spare at some point like a hunch I can send you some just pay the postage.

My favourite is roe (doe) closely followed by muntjac,We hang ours in an old coke fridge with the tempreture set at 4-5oC and usually for 3-4 days. The last one we had was a large muntjac buck and that tasted a little stronger than we've had before. I'm not keen on Red a little strong for me and i love liver!!.

But in my opinion the best of all cuts of Venison is Roe liver. Just swet some onions in a frying pan cut the liver into 1/2" wide strips cook with the onions until just pink add a little ground pepper, turn down the heat and add double cream. heat through and serve on a couple of thick slices of toast. Truely amazing.

mally it not a science just in general although it would be interesting to no how long that red had hung for and its temp as this is what makes it taste the only other things would be if it was in rut that always makes it taste stronger, the other one is if the deer have been stressed before being shot a dog walker or even the hunter if they run in flight this will taint the meat. I like liver to but i would rather eat muntjac that liver dish sounds nice though.

• Like 1