hare day

if travellers shot like this shooting would be bnned its a disgrace,

edited to say and some people who lamp hares get shit,

honestly this is a disgrace anyone who takes part in one of these drives wants there gun beating around there f****n head,

Lurcher man by any chance?

A fair bet (mind isnt that illegal?)

Really? How insightful!

Hare shoots achieve the high numbers because they are not a challenge. If it is a sustainable shoot then fair enough.

Lab, how do you know the fate of the shot hares? Everyone goes to the game dealer or he cannot deal with that amount of hares?

I would suspect many get used and an equal amount are wasted. It's an assumption that shoots aren't wasteful.

If you enjoyed the shoot then fair enough but people know the difference between this and other types of shooting, one is sporting the other not. This is what gets peoples backs up.

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had hare day last sat ! 371 hares shot all money from the day goes to charity pictures to follow

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..mayb

some of youse want to get a grip I don't shoot hare/woodcock or jay that's my choice if some one else wants to thats for their own conscience to pacify but to criticise some one for it smacks at hypoc

if travellers shot like this shooting would be bnned its a disgrace,

edited to say and some people who lamp hares get shit,

honestly this is a disgrace anyone who takes part in one of these drives wants there gun beating around there f****n head,

Lurcher man by any chance?

A fair bet (mind isnt that illegal?)

Really? How insightful!

Hare shoots achieve the high numbers because they are not a challenge. If it is a sustainable shoot then fair enough.

Lab, how do you know the fate of the shot hares? Everyone goes to the game dealer or he cannot deal with that amount of hares?

I would suspect many get used and an equal amount are wasted. It's an assumption that shoots aren't wasteful.

If you enjoyed the shoot then fair enough but people know the difference between this and other types of shooting, one is sporting the other not. This is what gets peoples backs up.

Your correct I dont know for a fact what happened but any decent person takes that amount to the game dealers, f**k me do you know how much that would be????

Sporting???? What utter bollocks. So you must hate rifle shooting at close ranges, trapping, snaring cause some of these forms could be looked at as 'non sporting' but the facts are they serve a purpose. Vermin/ pest control.

Game dealer was waiting at lunch time to take away the 230 we shot in the morning and waiting again in the afternoon when we finished ! Wouldnt have thought they would waste any hares ? Guess we could sit here all day and argue the toss ? Its been done end of !!

lab how many of the hares on a shoot where 350 where shot got away after being shot at????

what did the beaters push through for the guns pity i not got a good lurcher it proberly would have a field day the day after picking easy wounded hares up all over the place,

im pretty sure in another topic mrg did say they would be lurchers on hand to retrieve shot hares and deal with any runners?

i could be wrong, cant be arsed scrolling through the shit to look.

atb ant

FFS sake to the lurcher lads stop trying to argue with the shooters as they dont respect the hare the same as some one whos coursed and seen first hand over the years wat a remarkable athlete and mammal the hare is as imho you can only get that respect for it [bANNED TEXT] you see it at its best with a dog coursing it.

FFS sake to the lurcher lads stop trying to argue with the shooters as they dont respect the hare the same as some one whos coursed and seen first hand over the years wat a remarkable athlete and mammal the hare is as imho you can only get that respect for it [bANNED TEXT] you see it at its best with a dog coursing it.

haha...... Your last one too be talking about respect for something.
  • Like 1

Enlighten me if you mean gamebirds no not realy but that were more to do with the c**ts that reared and realeased them.

Enlighten me if you mean gamebirds no not realy but that were more to do with the c**ts that reared and realeased them.

That's exactly what I mean!!! Coming on preaching about respecting hares when you blatantly stole pheasants and gloat about it which in turn could have lost people there jobs and livelihoods...... Respect you say, don't make me f*****g laugh!!!!

• Like 2

That's exactly what I mean!!! Coming on preaching about respecting hares when you blatantly stole pheasants and gloat about it which in turn could have lost people there jobs and livelihoods...... Respect you say, don't make me f*****g laugh!!!!

Did you know the keepers in my area years ago they deserved no fekin respect wat so ever then again if their a keeper they carnt do no wrong in your eyes can they lol

Did you know the keepers in my area years ago they deserved no fekin respect wat so ever then again if their a keeper they carnt do no wrong in your eyes can they lol

Oh Im sure they were bad men and you were robin f*****g hood. Poor me, poor me....

• Like 1

Didnt know you were anti shooting mate.................we live and learn!!

I'm far from anti shooting Lab.. :victory: ..i owned a scatter gun for year's but give it up as it just did not float my boat..and in all the year's of owning it i never shot one single hare..i have seen them shot though and a lot run on with shot gun's...i just dont like shooting them as they are a perfect piece of evolution..i can just about stomach seeing them cracked with a rimfire but again i personaly wont shoot one with even a rimmy..

im the same mind set. plus most of the farmers here like to see them about :thumbs: i only shoot them with the camera now :laugh:

Afew of your mates do :whistling:

we have a few on the lambourn downs, only had to ask a certain friend of yours once and he turned up with 4 others on a few occassions :yes:

• Like 1

What a load of bollocks...

Firstly if people don't agree with it don't post in this section... Its about shooting the hints kind of in the title???

People have this weird image about hares people killing them or should we say HUNTING them... Its ok to kill one if a dog is used or even two or three, but not ok to kill one with a snare, gun or any other method??? But its ok for any other animals to be killed..

How many pheasants, pigeons, rabbits, foxes get clipped by shotgun shot and run or fly on, but yet with hares its causes even more controversy than normal...

Lets just be realistic without being biased here, if an estate shot over 300 hares in a day......... there's a very high population, any other animal's numbers would be controlled, be it rabbit, deer, fox whatever..

What a load of bollocks...

Firstly if people don't agree with it don't post in this section... Its about shooting the hints kind of in the title???

People have this weird image abut hares people killing them or should we say HUNTING them... Its ok to kill one if a dog is used or even two or three, but not ok to kill one with a snare, gun or any other method??? But its ok for any other animal..

How many pheasants, pigeons, rabbits, foxes get clipped by shotgun shot and run or fly on, but yet with hares its causes even more controversy than normal...

Lets just be realistic without being biased here, if an estate shot over 300 hares in a day......... there's a very high population, any other animal's numbers would be controlled, be it rabbit, deer, fox whatever..

Ian, is it possible to ban persistant trouble makers from certain sections of the site? I don't like the idea of banning at all but certain threads are 100% garunteed to just cause arguments and certain individuals just can't keep their opinions civil. Debate is great and differing opinions make that but this is a bit of a joke at times.

I refrained from posting on this thread because shooting hares does f**k all for me but I equally don't see why others should be ashamed of enjoying it, especially when it's done as a form of population management, is sustainable, all the meat is at the dealers and the proceeds have gone to charity! Many don't realise that the February hare shoots are a reward in some ways for all the beaters, ferreters and farm hands. It's not particularly sporting no, but then is it intended to be? And the deffinition of the word is so subjective anyway. Is ferreting sporting? The majority of rabbits are garunteed death when faced with a decent ferreter. I won't shoot hares as it just doesn't sit right with me but I'll support any other mans right to do so!

• Like 1

it makes good publicity for the anti's to use against all forms of hunting, they will be lapping this up especailly if you suply them with pictures to paste on all the anti websites

Nothing illegal in shooting the hare..

although ive shot my fair few, i do like(before the ban :angel: ) watching a pack of beagles hunt them or a long dog course them :victory: