hare day

What a load of bollocks...

Firstly if people don't agree with it don't post in this section... Its about shooting the hints kind of in the title???

People have this weird image about hares people killing them or should we say HUNTING them... Its ok to kill one if a dog is used or even two or three, but not ok to kill one with a snare, gun or any other method??? But its ok for any other animals to be killed..

How many pheasants, pigeons, rabbits, foxes get clipped by shotgun shot and run or fly on, but yet with hares its causes even more controversy than normal...

Lets just be realistic without being biased here, if an estate shot over 300 hares in a day......... there's a very high population, any other animal's numbers would be controlled, be it rabbit, deer, fox whatever..

surely people are entitled to disagree with a post Ian and post their opinion ,isnt that what an open forum is all about or would you prefer a boring site where everyone agrees with each other views.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had hare day last sat ! 371 hares shot all money from the day goes to charity pictures to follow

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..mayb

some of youse want to get a grip I don't shoot hare/woodcock or jay that's my choice if some one else wants to thats for their own conscience to pacify but to criticise some one for it smacks at hypoc

i love to see good course you can t beat the thrill of dog against hare or a pack of beagles in full cry but if you have big numbers then i have no problem with shooting them its pest control at the end of the day , now don t get me wrong we dont have many hares around here and i wish the midnight cowboys would leave them alone as i and others like to see them about but fat chance of that they shoot anything that moves then just drive of to the next victim only yesterday i picked up a roe buck shot from the road and left to rot now were is the sense in that FFS

i love to see good course you can t beat the thrill of dog against hare or a pack of beagles in full cry but if you have big numbers then i have no problem with shooting them its pest control at the end of the day , now don t get me wrong we dont have many hares around here and i wish the midnight cowboys would leave them alone as i and others like to see them about but fat chance of that they shoot anything that moves then just drive of to the next victim only yesterday i picked up a roe buck shot from the road and left to rot now were is the sense in that FFS

On the deer and I don't dispute that some pricks out there would do that but how do you know it's not just ran on the boy who shot it couldn't find it??

This is the problem with this thread, everytime it pops up a real them and us attitude rears its head and it f*****g stinks!!

if travellers shot like this shooting would be bnned its a disgrace,

edited to say and some people who lamp hares get shit,

honestly this is a disgrace anyone who takes part in one of these drives wants there gun beating around there f****n head,

Lurcher man by any chance?

A fair bet (mind isnt that illegal?)

Really? How insightful!

Hare shoots achieve the high numbers because they are not a challenge. If it is a sustainable shoot then fair enough.

Lab, how do you know the fate of the shot hares? Everyone goes to the game dealer or he cannot deal with that amount of hares?

I would suspect many get used and an equal amount are wasted. It's an assumption that shoots aren't wasteful.

If you enjoyed the shoot then fair enough but people know the difference between this and other types of shooting, one is sporting the other not. This is what gets peoples backs up.

Your correct I dont know for a fact what happened but any decent person takes that amount to the game dealers, f**k me do you know how much that would be????

Sporting???? What utter bollocks. So you must hate rifle shooting at close ranges, trapping, snaring cause some of these forms could be looked at as 'non sporting' but the facts are they serve a purpose. Vermin/ pest control.

People pay to go on a hare drive for the sporting aspect of shooting the hare, pay hundreds to participate infact. They don't pay good money to assist in Pest control.

Snared, rifle shoot, trap, shot in syndicates, wildfowling(not very successful), rough shooting, stalking, do it and done it all, if it was vermin control then they could have wiped them out at night with a .22. Fact is people pay for the sporting aspect.

I agree with the other poster, if we only agreed with everything and slapped each other on the back then we would all be like the Airgun section.

Remember its only a forum people expressing an opinion, it's not going to change anything. As for anti's who cares, they won't be happy until people cannot think for for themselves.

I agree with the other poster, if we only agreed with everything and slapped each other on the back then we would all be like the Airgun section.

Remember its only a forum people expressing an opinion, it's not going to change anything. As for anti's who cares, they won't be happy until people cannot think for for themselves.

Quite right, but it becomes a joke when every thread drags this bullshit out and those that would genuinely apreciate such a thread can't because of it. Every single time this happens and with similar topics. It's just a matter of minding your own business now and again.

As for your previous post regarding people paying for the sport of shooting hares, I wasn't aware of that, the hare shoots here in lincs that I have been told about don't charge anything other than keepers tip. Like I said it's sport for those that don't often enjoy big driven bird days and if they enjoy it then leave em to it. And you're right, it's not pest control, it's population management. If it was pest control they would shoot everything they possibly could and numbers would soon diminish year on year.

Think of it this way;

What if there was half a dozen or so fishermen on this site that absolutely detested lurcher work, thought that lurchermen were real scum bags regardless of any reasons or ethics and every thread put up about a nights lamping or work these half a dozen 'anti lurcher anglers' gave there opinions on how shitty lurchermen are. Would you be so supportive of their right to voice their opinions or would you, as I would, leave the site because it was ruined?

Debate is good and healthy but this is becoming a joke.

• Like 2

iam not argueing i just think hare shoots are barbaric,

Why 'barbaric'? I know this isn't the lurcher section, but as they would say on there you sound like an anti.

There is nothing wrong with population reduction where numbers justify it. All this lurcher 'snobbery' is getting tiresome. What the hell gives any one sportsman the right to proclaim his or her sport somehow better than another?

I'm afraid that if I was a farmer in this area I would be pretty much shooting hares on sight just to stop the morons driving where they like at night.

Let's not forget that running hares with dogs is now illegal, whereas shooting them isn't.