hare day

Shooting hares invariably arouses controversy, I don't shoot them myself but, if they're being shot in those kind of numbers year in year out then somethings working.

Also in those kinds of numbers they could be classed as an agricultural pest.

What I would consider shit were someone shooting hares on ground where they are few and far between, then again if there numbers were low in so far as a sighting was rare, I wouldn't run them with a dog either, (pre ban).

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had hare day last sat ! 371 hares shot all money from the day goes to charity pictures to follow

I wonder how many got back ended and ran on with broken leg's...i'm pretty open minded with all aspect's of hunting but i just can't get my head around shooting hare's especially with shot gun's..mayb

some of youse want to get a grip I don't shoot hare/woodcock or jay that's my choice if some one else wants to thats for their own conscience to pacify but to criticise some one for it smacks at hypoc

I spoke to the keeper after the shoot who told me this was the. Fourth year in a row that they had shot over 350 hares ! The estates and farms either side of where we were shooting also bagged similar bag sizes !, just short of £1,000 raised for local charity . Great day out and I do understand its not for everyone and d dont want to rattle anyone cage but I aint gonna loose any sleep over it ! Cheers

• Like 1

I'll tell you one thing i'd rather hear of 300 being shot, dished out to the guns, beaters, pickers up at the end of the day and the rest go to the game dealers than 1 being caught by a dog and thrown in the nearest ditch.

• Like 2

Lab your are spot on ! After last post on what cartridges to use for hares I wont sure if I should post anything about it ! But then thought why shouldnt I ? What we are doin aint illegal ! . Realised its gonna put. Adele few noses out of place. Just got to work out how to get pics off me phone and onto the site ??

if travellers shot like this shooting would be bnned its a disgrace,

edited to say and some people who lamp hares get shit,

honestly this is a disgrace anyone who takes part in one of these drives wants there gun beating around there f****n head,

Edited by whisperingeye

I'll tell you one thing i'd rather hear of 300 being shot, dished out to the guns, beaters, pickers up at the end of the day and the rest go to the game dealers than 1 being caught by a dog and thrown in the nearest ditch.

I would not like to see or witness either.. ;)

honestly this is a disgrace anyone who takes part in one of these drives wants there gun beating around there f****n head,

Lurcher man by any chance?

• Like 1

Talking shite either way

sherlock :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no a mixture but any one who supports this barbaric way is a wanker in my view.

i hate seeing it and supporting it no way,all for charity,a measley £1000 gained for 350 lives of the ultimate quarry an endigenous animal to our shores :yes: f**k like i say i would rap the gun around the heads of the wankers shooting like this without an issue,

no a mixture but any one who supports this barbaric way is a wanker in my view.

i hate seeing it and supporting it no way,all for charity,a measley £1000 gained for 350 lives of the ultimate quarry an endigenous animal to our shores :yes: f**k like i say i would rap the gun around the heads of the wankers shooting like this without an issue,

Good luck with that!!!!!