Collie/Grey x Whippet

1 hour ago, rob284 said:

How much collie did you lads find to be the right amount in a collie grey, before the ban. when you wanted a dog to do fox hare and rabbit day or night.

Personally,...I like a genuine half cross, one that can run like the Greyhound and has thinkers like the Herder...:yes:

A lot of dogs that claim to have Collie blood, exhibit very little sheepdog intelligence or tractability, and I often wonder,..'What was the fecking point"?

DSC_0108.thumb.JPG.81802208da4ab6efdc0a826a2a55757b.JPG

• Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good all rounders

Out of a half cross Border Collie x Greyhound bitch  X  Pure whippet dog

Collie bull grey x whippet grey. Not as the title suggests but he's only a little out lol. Atb Adam 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

What are those bill,

Sires collie whippet dam f1whippet grey strike while irons hot top honcho grey .three quarter hound type.dam ten yrs old sire four yrs one and only litter from her .he was lucky .i think they go around twenty two twenty three dam 23sire21.bred ta remain a bitch atb bunnys

• Like 1

i think some of the lads using tad more hound  fa faster tight fields , and  fast ground and some of us know f1 ain't always the einsteinium of the Lurcher world ,bit mixing Lurcher Lurcher usually has enough I believe modern lurcher work his now on us and when one sees whippets leading the field in rabbiting  it makes sensce to use these whippet lines ta get lurchers from..they will in all probability have better recovery time  tough little feckers thems working whippets atb bunnys.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Personally,...I like a genuine half cross, one that can run like the Greyhound and has thinkers like the Herder...:yes:

A lot of dogs that claim to have Collie blood, exhibit very little sheepdog intelligence or tractability, and I often wonder,..'What was the fecking point"?

Do many of the 1/2 collies make decent fox dogs or is more grey preferred?

2 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...