Great Days ferreting On the Shropshire Hills.

Guest vin

A very early start today.

picked young Brad+2 Hobs up at 5am and met up with Trigger+ Buster,Bird+Bryn at The start of the morning Down in Shropshire.

We started on a big breakfast butty at the roadside Cafe ( its was spot on and a grea start to the day )

We then made our way up to the hills and let the dogs do their thing..We thought they were messing about when they ignored the 1st 3 or 4 good big burrows..but it was just simply a case of us not knowing better than the Top dog Brynn..we wearnt walking long before they all had a look at a set and then Brynn gave us the 100% mark to finalize the 1st net up of the day. We set about netting up while the dogs mocched about and started marking the holes and the next set of hole we were gonna be going at.

We Dropped 2 ferts in and off we went..it was a matter of minutes before 1 hits the nets..and another very shortly after..then it went quiet..

we waited and got 2 ferts and popped them in also..then another hits the nets..were all smiling...LoL. Then it goes quiet and 1 by one we get 3 ferts out..but young brads big hob is still stuck up a stop end..but it would have to be on the fence line under a load of stone and slabs and roots..lol. . . So Trigger and Brad had a little digging session,it was about 3 foot down but hard work.

While they are digging away my dog and brynn are at the next set marking up very well..so we go over and net up and manage to extract 2 bunnies in probably 5 mins.ferrets come out and we move back over to the other 2 who have had the rabbit and dropped it and watched it run off because the dogs were with us..LOL..(1st miss of the day)

We then nets off and move on and continue doin the same all day,only taking definate marks from the dogs..Young Buster was learning fast and he has sussed out whats going on and where they are..he was marking himself and if Brynn gives the final mark we know for deffo theres one in..i would bet money on him any day.

we had some great bolts and a the dogs were all on top form today..the ferrets worked like troopers on every burrow.

We did one set with another very close to it..So we netted both up..on a steep banking/hillside..whilst we were doing the main one with the hobs..trigger was running the jills through the smaller one (maybe 7 holes). he ran em through all the holes and they were in and out like mad but nothing home..next door we had a couple out and then a little dig,which young Brad did a good job on sorting out and getting the bunny.

Meanwhile My dog molly is doing her usual pointing and staring at this hole where trigger had already had the ferrts through on the next set..but she was mad sure there was one there.. trigger had already pulled the nets off..but We decided to pop One of the jills back in..it must have been 20 seconds flat and molly Dived bombed a hole with her hole top half and rammed her head down and came out with the bunny by the head ! it was a belting fast strike and great catch,we all were laughing at her..she,s just getting better all the time at this game. . . a little later on we were at another set and we were digging to the one of the ferts and further up the banking molly was Digging away at the soil nice a gently and pointing at the ground..after we had got the 1st ferret..we went to where she was and the locator was bang on top of the rabbit at about 2 and a half foot below her nose..we put the spade in and it bolted perfectly into the nets.

so we just mooched about following the dogs and letting them tell us what and where to go and do.. Nice and steady but with 4 of us the netting up and down was a doddle and everything was easy..

Theres not many days you can go out and have such a perfect session where all goes right with no stress just pure enjoyment whatching your dogs and ferts do what they've been raised for.

The company of good men..and good sport..one of my best days ever today lads..thanks.

we ended on 22 and missed 4.

post-11815-0-19862600-1329784069.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fair play to you boys .an enjoyable day out and a few rabs to share,dogs mark in loads of ways but what i say is any mark is better than a false one, good on ya boys ,,those hills look familiar to me

your wrong there mate......dont forget he has 3/8 5/8 75lb tod his bull x,,,,,only joking bird,,,dougle dont get wound up i here he's a sound bloke, and he does his share,,,,and dont forget if folk

Posted Images

just read this vin after you was telling me about it today, it's good to put faces to names and seeing moll work.

hope today lived upto yesterdays outing

Eyup Dazzz . . . Young Ruby was very impressive today mate..she picked that bunny up really well,very elegant.and a beautiful dog mate.

Today surpassed all expectations...It was a blur of none stop action and one of the best days I've ever had.

P.S.

" BoB" the hob is tucked up nicely in a cosy box sleeping off his big battle.

Good luck for tonight..let us know how you get on. ;)

thanks vin, she did ok today seeing though she has done very little ferreting,,,,,ive got a feeling "BOB" (should have called him box lol) is going to serve you well,

but a word of advice, dont feed him for at least 6 months haha i think the fat lad has had his fill

had great day , ferrets worked great, the 2 extra hobs done great job. Vin bitch marked well and as vin said got the best rabbit of the day.Jon dog buster, his really doing well he is getting the idea now. But Bryn was the star of the show , he marked 25 rabbits never lets you down, he is one of the best rabbit dogs ive ever seen, and as i (dont) keep ferrets my self he is Brill. Young brad with the 2 hobs worked well he is sound lad, thanks vin for bacon+egg butty. Thanks jon for the invite again , where is your pics lol Ray