out today

got a phone call last night from a mate that a farmer beside him was having trouble with a few fox that were taking hens. so told him that i would be out around 10 dismorning. rang him at nine to check we were still on and he said he was out on the land with his springers doing the cover and had put two fox to ground so told him we would see him around ten. so got there and parked in the yard of the farm had a bit of banter with the farmer and then he said sure may as well come with yous. so got to the first earth that my mate said he put the first one into so let my older bitch in and on straight away so let her settle for a few mins and got a reading on the locator at 4 ft so started to open up which was easy broke in the a dog fox which was dispatched. back filled and set of to the next earth that me mate said he put the other one in but it must of left when he went away so we done the bit of cover with the springers and they started barking and the fox left the cover and went to a hole at the end of the cover. got there and let my young bitch in took a while for her to get on as it was a tight spot once she was baying strong got a read of 2 ft opened up dog lifted and the vixen was dispatched. farmer was well happy and said he will have me out there again as soon as he sees any more about so a good enough day. danny

• Like 7

Nice 1 danny ,i had a farmer lost 12 hens there last week and i got 7 hens and a rooster off a women and dropped them up to him,i will have to do something very bad now to loose that permission :thumbs::boogy:

thats it graham good to see you giving him some. :thumbs:

Nice 1 danny ,i had a farmer lost 12 hens there last week and i got 7 hens and a rooster off a women and dropped them up to him,i will have to do something very bad now to loose that permission :thumbs::boogy:

thats it graham good to see you giving him some. :thumbs:

he was delighted danny they settled in straight away and where laying the next day

danny great season had well done,dogs done well ;)

it was dezzy got a call from the farmer this morning the farm next to him want me out to have a look around. theres a couple of bogs on it so will be ringing a mate who has a pack of hounds and will hit it on sunday :thumbs:
  • Like 1