2 foxes today with my lakeland dog (In Ireland)

Myself ,Dubin dezzy and Bulljack went out yesterday to do some pest control for a farmer that had been losing a few lambs due to foxes ,but after walking for hours we drew a blank ,

But i was up early this morning and after getting the dogs out for a run around i was at a lose end so i gave the lads a bell to see where they up to going up and having another look about,but both where busy ,so i decided to go up and have a look about myself.

i checked a few holes we didn't check yesterday and then walked up to a spot that i walked around bye yesterday to have a look ,i came across a nice 2 holer out in the open and the terriers and lurcher showed plenty of interest so i collared up my lakeland dog and let him in and with in seconds he was on.

I checked the box and he was at 1.4, so i sat down had a cuppa and and a smoke and checked the box again ,he was in near enough the same spot but i had him at .9 :boogy: .so i cut out the sod and start digging and being on my own i only had my lite spade with me but the ground is handy enough and i was down to him in about 20 mins and he was sitting nice and tight with his fox,so it was lifted, but when i lifted it the dog went straight past and carried on up the tube, so i dispatched that fox and went to see where the dog was and got him at . 5 near 1 of the entrances holes which the lurcher was standing over waiting on a bolt,the lurcher made a few lunches forward into the hole so i knew he was there between the terrier and lurcher,so again i started to dig and was down in minutes and fox number 2 was lifted and dispatched.

I was delighted with my dogs performance for his last dig of the season and end up with a delighted farmer aswell .

post-21594-0-98549500-1329679017.jpg

Edited by lurcher330
  • Like 19

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Myself ,Dubin dezzy and Bulljack went out yesterday to do some pest control for a farmer that had been losing a few lambs due to foxes ,but after walking for hours we drew a blank ,   But i was up e

Thanks ,brog,i have more pics i will try and get them up

Humanely

Posted Images

Thanks John and Danny i was sorted pictures while you where replying

super pictures Graham, ur nearly as good as me, lol. Cracking pic of the red, well done.

He came out to greet me a couple of times when i was getting that ,i though it was only gona be a blurred pic of teeth :yahoo:

Nice 1 stop end ,he is finished now for the season,but i wouldn't mind getting the red bitch another 1 or 2 this week just to finish her off on a high,she is still young and still not too sure about her ,but she hasn't let me down yet :thumbs:

well lad i see by your posts your doing a bit and can get the quarry..... so if you think shes ready and you have 1 in mind and a farmer gives you a call...well sure ill just wait for your pics lol .. like a man that tells tha truth.. :thumbs:
  • Like 1