First Gun

jpt

Is this gun a good buy? I have seen it for sale on target sports for £300 with scope, pellets and bag.

Any one suggest another option?

I borrowed a wierach 97 k but found it un necessaerly heavy!

Cheers, JON

Is this gun a good buy? I have seen it for sale on target sports for £300 with scope, pellets and bag.

Any one suggest another option?

I borrowed a wierach 97 k but found it un necessaerly heavy!

Cheers, JON

jon

i have a bsa tactical 22. same as the lighning xl

but with a different stock.

out the box it lacked abit of power so i got a 177 gas ram fitted 2 it

now it is the business it takes rabbits and woodes with ease.

i also have a hw80 thats dose not see alot of action now sins

i got the tactical, light,grate little gun.

mind the gas rams are not for everyone i love them but alot of people dont

plus they are not that cheap.

but any one thinking of getting one of these the ram is awsome in this little gun.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I had a BSA Lightening XL. The one you're looking at. I bought it as a professional tool. I won't go on about it. Just to say it's far and away The BEST f*cking air rifle I've ever handled. Read the reviews of it on Google and ye'll get sick and tired before the first hundred of Thousands of monotonously Rave reviews.

I had mine a few weeks. I put less that 350 slugs through it. Then I went on a professional course. I staggered the Instructors with my shooting. Wiped the floor with all the Mr S.A.S 'Sweet 16', image millitaire boys. I stitched a dead horizontal line across the bull. Each perfect circle a hairs breadth from the next. I'd barely taken the damn rifle out of the box, for chrisake! :icon_eek:

I'm a skinny and enfeebled little c*nt, but that rifle was sweet to handle. No excess weight to throw my aim or tire my arm. They tested her on the chrono and found her safely within the legal limit (This was in uk).

Remember; They find your rifle exceeds that limit - your fault or not - and it's no questions time. Over that bonnet and have your arse, before slinging ye to the magistrate for another good seeing to.

Oh; And I sold her to a mate because I couldn't fetch her here. His first day out, rabbit and woodie? 85 with 87 shots. What more can one say?

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone for the Weihrauch 95k instead. It feels a lot better than the bsa lightning to me. The overall finish of the bsa made me choose the other make. Hopefully i will have some stories to share soon as I am getting my new gun tomorrow! Those lightnings are shit hot though coz my mate borrowed one and it felt nice to shoot but I only seen it at night though. When I had a look in the shop the weihrauch stood out so................

i have the bsa xl in .177 and i find its way more acurate thanany of my freinds .22, its can flop a rabbit over with no fuss, like sed before light, and a :censored: wicked gun wouldnt trade it in for any thing else

I ve had a BSA xl tactical for 4 weeks now, and I love it, I miss nowt, even leave my pneumatics at home now.

they are great little guns mate

i no people say the stocks plastic but i think its a great stock for

the xl tactical has perfect balance.

for its price tag its well worth the money. :yes:

Guy did the test in shooting life and said in his opinion its the best springer BSA have produced, also one of the best springers on the market, I tried air arms tx 200 first, lovely gun but u need to be arnold scwarzeneger to lug it round your shoot, ive had springers in the past from relum tornados to webley vulcans, and I loved my webley stingray, but the tactical is without doubt superior to em all, (in my opinion).

I have gone for the Weihrauch 95k instead. It feels a lot better than the bsa lightning to me. The overall finish of the bsa made me choose the other make. Hopefully i will have some stories to share soon as I am getting my new gun tomorrow! Those lightnings are shit hot though coz my mate borrowed one and it felt nice to shoot but I only seen it at night though. When I had a look in the shop the weihrauch stood out so................

You made a very good choice mate :clapper: