Otter Hunt

Got my first otter last week... I was out running the lurchers down by the river by my house. Ran a couple bunnies then the terrier disapeared for a couple min so we went looking for him. Found him in a set under a tree next to the river he was in there a long time but as he has never entered a sett before I thought he was just excited. Well about 30min later an Otter bolted out of a second sett up river we didn't even see.. It took a bit for JR the terrier to come out of that sett... He ran right to the other sett and hit the otter that was still home in a couple seconds so it looked like he was about to bolt but didn't get the chance...... JR and him went back and forth for a while, he almost had it pushed out a second hole in the sett but it seen the lurched and wasn't bolting... He pushed it to a stop end and my bitch lurched marked and I dug.. Came down right on top of the otter he was dispached... It was a rocky spot so it took me a lot longer to make the hole big enough to get the otter and jr out.. Jr will be ok in a month or so and got a makeover for his trouble but he tried to enter the first sett on our way out so he wasn't to turned off by his first hunting outing... Also I am hunting in Oregon in the US and have all the permits I need for this game. I can get 7/ yr with the card I have... I have got some pics I will try to post them soon...

• Like 10

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my first otter last week... I was out running the lurchers down by the river by my house. Ran a couple bunnies then the terrier disapeared for a couple min so we went looking for him. Found him in

Ok I hope this works, the dogs after a hard day of work..  

Trout and salmon control

Posted Images

There are a ton of otters here, too many, 4 others bolted from these setts just when I was digging. I really like Otters but there is no control over them here. You can get an Otter card or a Bobcat card and this is one of the top bobcat hunting areas and furs go for $200+ so no one gets the otter card.

Edited by bluecollar