price of poults for 2012

i run a game farm on my own in north wales 4,500 laying hens.....80,000 + day olds 70p a chick depending on orders 3:40 a poult grass reared 7 week old.....gas 41.00 from cheshire game supplies .... changed from marsdens to sportsmans food for layers 48.00 a tonne cheaper and can see no diffrence in the birds......black necks are our main stay but do rear some second x jap greens and 4-500 reeves .... although the reeves can never be released :-)

i run a game farm on my own in north wales 4,500 laying hens.....80,000 + day olds 70p a chick depending on orders 3:40 a poult grass reared 7 week old.....gas 41.00 from cheshire game supplies .... changed from marsdens to sportsmans food for layers 48.00 a tonne cheaper and can see no diffrence in the birds......black necks are our main stay but do rear some second x jap greens and 4-500 reeves .... although the reeves can never be released :-)

Grinder, may be able to give you an order if you'd like to PM me. Cheers

Thanks spanj but we have already filled the books and sold out... Rumour is there will be a lack eggs and poults this year... I know of one dealer who was let down with 110,000 eggs ... The weather hasn't helped.

OK mate no problem

Just do what i do and when the fat bald local gamefarmer is showing off his fancy motors, slip in to his fields and fill ya boots, and trailer!!

I see it just like Danny the champion of the world.. :bye:

I wouldn't want to loose my rifle license though.............. :bye:

How many acres would it require,to house 30,000 birds lab?

All depends on what type of sheds you have. Easy on 5 acres anyway.

i have 6 acres wraped round my house + an acre of woodland which is doing very little. are there many gamefarmers in the derbyshire area anyone knows about? obvisosly i know nothing about game farming and would need to work with someone that has a clue.

Just do what i do and when the fat bald local gamefarmer is showing off his fancy motors, slip in to his fields and fill ya boots, and trailer!!

I see it just like Danny the champion of the world.. :bye:

I wouldn't want to loose my rifle license though.............. :bye:

How many acres would it require,to house 30,000 birds lab?

All depends on what type of sheds you have. Easy on 5 acres anyway.

i have 6 acres wraped round my house + an acre of woodland which is doing very little. are there many gamefarmers in the derbyshire area anyone knows about? obvisosly i know nothing about game farming and would need to work with someone that has a clue.

You dont need the wood if its the gamefarming side your after. I'd try and get yourself a small number of pheasant chicks(day olds) , get yourself a shed, heater, feeders and drinkers and see if its something you'd be interested in doing... :thumbs:

I would say the first year you should break even on your layout of sheds,shelterpens, runs, heaters then next year will be when you start getting a profit,

do you really believe that? with a thousand poults costing circa £3500 just how could you break even with sheds/shelterpens/sections/nets/heaters/drinkers/feeders/header tanks/pipes+saddles/crates+trailer etc then add input costs like chick/food/bits/shavings/gas/diesel and possible medication

I would be very surprised if you would see a penny of profit come end of year 4 let alone year 2

• Like 2

you can make a partridge hut and run for less than £200, day olds are not a £ to buy if your hatching your own then they will be less, sa4 heaters you can pick up for £25, drinkers and feeders few quid each, header tanks £25-40, saddles £1, gas should be off heat in 3-4weeks, £80. crates and trailer 4k, if your doing enough birds you can make a profit 2nd year easily

you can make a partridge hut and run for less than £200, day olds are not a £ to buy if your hatching your own then they will be less, sa4 heaters you can pick up for £25, drinkers and feeders few quid each, header tanks £25-40, saddles £1, gas should be off heat in 3-4weeks, £80. crates and trailer 4k, if your doing enough birds you can make a profit 2nd year easily

good luck with that :thumbs:

Your quite right the more you do then that will help with your profit but i doubt you'll see money back in the 2nd season if your just a newbie. Lets take the gas....you wont be getting that off anywhere near the 3 week stage, it will be between 4-5 depending on the weather. You could buy small drinkers for that price but if you want to do more the you will need bigger and better drinking equipment which adds up.....a typical feeder for say 400 birds to hold one bag of feed will be £30 quid and you'll need 2/3 of them.

Depending on folks outlook on what they want to do with the birds you could rear some for your own shoot and cut alot of costs....if you want to start a Game farm then i'd say you need to have a wad of money to start with and be in no hurry to see a return in investment for 3/4 years easy and that is if you know what your doing or are employing someone who knows what there doing.... :thumbs:

when the hatch i will be selling them at £3.10 each for blacknecks

You must enjoy doing it for the fun off it then?

when the hatch i will be selling them at £3.10 each for blacknecks

You must enjoy doing it for the fun off it then?

Or maybe he just aint a greedy tight arse like ye :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1