A wee shine.

Went out for a shine tonight with Molly, this was her first trip out lamping for 6 weeks as she had a bad cut to the back of her hock the last time she lamped and had spent the 6 weeks recovering and some short days out with the ferrets.

My son Dylan came along as bag man and also with us was Country Joe off here who wanted to bring along his whippet pup to watch.

We were due to meet up at a lay by and as Dylan and I got there a tad early I gave Molly a spin in the field next to it and she put one rabbit in the bag. When Country Joe arrived we moved off to the farm.

We had a good walk round the permission and although there wasn't as many rabbits about as I'd expected we did alright and Molly put another 11 in the bag.

On our arrival back at the cars Dylan laid the rabbits out for a photo then he got the job of gutting them, he then realised the one we'd caught earlier had been left in the car so the pic is one rabbit short. When we got home he lined them up again for another pic

The only downer of the night was Molly ending up with another cut, this time on the back of the front leg inside the dew claw. No doubt more time on the easy list.

P1050322.jpg

P1050326.jpg

P1050329.jpg

• Like 4

Enjoyed it Tote, you have a useful Dog there, hows the cut, after cleaning it up, was it as bad as it looked?

Cheers Laurie, as expected she's lame on it this morning, the cut doesn't look too bad but it's in a bad area behind the wrist. Hopefully she'll not be off too long but I'll just have to wait and see.

Good going :thumbs: Well apart from the cut leg, i now firmly believe some dogs are just born unlucky (injury wise) :rolleyes:

The way Molly runs doesn't help Moll. It's all blood and thunder with her, no chance of her pulling up at a hedge, I've seen her bouncing off hedges and fences and she seems to take it personal if a rabbit gets away.

A nice bag there tote,sorry till hear about molly..a.t.b.stevie. :thumbs:

Good little run out there mate, always liked the look of your dog.

Well done. :thumbs:

well done mate it must of been a hard night the lad is sleeping in the last pic lol

Decent little do out that Tote, well done matey.

well done nice dogs to atb troter

Thanks for the replies folks.

• 2 weeks later...