Back out of sick bay

After what seems like an eternity I had the big lad out for an hour or so tonight.

He hit a tree Christmas time and got a good check over when we got home but there was no sign of injury or puncture wounds.

A small swelling was visible a day or so later but I didn't pay it much mind, just thought I would give him some kennel rest.

A week past and the swelling was getting slowly bigger so thinking the worst I had him to the vet to have it tested praying it wasn't a tumor.....200 sovs and a week later I was a happy chap to discover it was not a tumor just inflammatory fluid.

I knew now despite checking him that there must be something in there and it really started to get big.

Still giving him complete kennel rest and 3 weeks in the centre of the swelling became softer and had some heat about it so I knew it would not be long until it was ready to lance, my wife rang me to let me know that it had burst so I made my way home to get the big lad cleaned up and sorted.

I could get my whole finger inside the hole it left so in it went and made sure I had a good rub round to get rid of any necrotic flesh, flushed the wound right out with a mild antiseptic solution and applied intransite gel.

I left him off the anti-biotics as he heals better and quicker without them, another couple of weeks in the healing and tonight he pretty much dragged me out the door.

As expected he was way off the pace but busting to run everything he saw, he lifted one in an acrobatic catch but it was more about getting him back on the road to fitness than catching......just as well really! Lol lol

Glad to have my dog back and hopefully I can show him a few bits and bats before the end of the season.

Atb

glad he is better,and its not what you thought it was . Get him on few rabbits just to keep him ticking over, for the next few weeks . :thumbs: