DAYTIME UP THE DALES , mooching and bolting

had a wander up north yesterday,, met up with nobby, he groaned when i mentioned the steep farm lol,, to be honest im getting used to it,, i just love being up there ... its one of the few farms we have up there with a bit of high ground to let the dogs work..

the first warren produced a dig,, luckily we only had 3-4 all day ,, most rabbits were bolting well enough,, the dogs cought a few as well hunting up,, had a few good marks as well of venus,,, mind you one set she marked i could here the rabbits thumping underground.. so no big deal realy e565235.gif

i filmed quite a bit of stuff , but on the little compact camera its not the best,, one particular warren was a strange afare,, it concisted of 4 small sets all close together but seperate, and each about 3 holes, and each set on a little hump no more than ten yards between them,, and we knocked 9 rabbits out of here in quik time,, 2 were dug ,, but just a spit of soil.

one nice bit was venus marking in the bracken on point,, then a second later dived in only to compleatly miss, and end up facing the wrong way , as the rabbit made a compleate getaway ,, it was comicle realy to see here jumping about looking for it,, and ignoring our shouts ,, she will lern its only her second time ferreting.. all in all a cracking day that goes so fast,, mind you i never got up there til 10 30 , and it was 11 am befor we got up on the high ground

lost a rabbit of the game carryer as well, should have been 31,, but only 30 when we got down to the motor. heres a few pics and vids

theres a strange clicking sound on the vids , and im fecked if i know what it is

ferreting12212032.jpg

ferreting12212030.jpg

ferreting12212029.jpg

ferreting12212028.jpg

ferreting12212018.jpg

th_ferreting12212014.jpg

th_ferreting12212015.jpg

th_ferreting12212016.jpg

• Like 1

heres a few more vids

this first one is long , about 2 mins,,, but stick with it

th_ferreting12212022.jpg

they miss this as it goes over a steep bank

th_ferreting12212025.jpg

and this one 2 are cought

th_ferreting12212026.jpg

only got the retrive on this one

th_ferreting12212031.jpg

some cracking looking ground there Tomo i can see why you like being up there. also well done thats a tidy days ferreting, how do you think venus will take to the ferreting game? my pup is booked in for his secound days ferreting this week if all goes to plan.

I look like death warmed up in that pic Tomo lol mind you i was puffing like a steam train climbing up them banks to the tops but once up there i enjoyed the day nice to see the dogs work for the rabbits and the ferrets grafted hard shifting the rabbits in that bigger warren when we where making our way down was nice to see good a number of rabbits running in for another day.