rugby vs soccer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those players blatently diveing with out being touched should be red carded,, not yellow carded,,, and banned for a few matches,,, and if its not clear to the ref at the time,, then haveing a close l

does my fecking nut in,, footballers fall over at the drop of a hat..

Can't beat a good rugby fight and at the final whistle shake hands and get pissed in the clubhouse. :boxing::drink:

"Ninety Nine!!" :clapper:

whereas the little rich university kids run off and play rugby........

That maybe the case in England gnash but down here we all play rugby even the lads/lasses who ain't got a pot to piss in. Thats one thing with rugby in Wales its never been a class thing but perhaps thats because we are either lower class or a lower, lower class. :D

:thumbs:

Spot on Johnny. :yes: The miners of old took it to heart as a hard game played by hard men, not just a game played by hooray Henry's like it is over the border.. :yes::thumbs:

Can't beat a good rugby fight and at the final whistle shake hands and get pissed in the clubhouse. :boxing::drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Z2m6DgwQ4&feature=related

"Ninety Nine!!" :clapper:

whereas the little rich university kids run off and play rugby........

That maybe the case in England gnash but down here we all play rugby even the lads/lasses who ain't got a pot to piss in. Thats one thing with rugby in Wales its never been a class thing but perhaps thats because we are either lower class or a lower, lower class. :D

:thumbs:

Spot on Johnny. :yes: The miners of old took it to heart as a hard game played by hard men, not just a game played by hooray Henry's like it is over the border.. :yes::thumbs:

HOORAY!! Hooray!! Come on England, fancy another Cucumber sandwich Tarquin. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They had Miners in England too you know. Lots of them played for a team called Coalville, near Leicester, an mining town. One of their old second rows was a bit handy, so i'm told. ;) ;)

• Like 1

I think the main difference between the two games is respect. Rugby still has some, just. Football lost that years ago and i think it's down to money. If they are not careful Rugby will go down the same route as Football, answering back to the ref, diving and worst of all trying to get an opponent sent off, which to me is downright cheating.

Rugby all the way for me.

• Like 1

All this " rugby players are real men " and " footballers are pansies "...........its such a stupid comparison to make.

Its like saying rugby players are fairies compared to boxers because they dont punch each other in the head all the time.........most people would accept different sports require different qualities.........rugby is about smashing into each other....football is not.....how can they possibly be compared :blink:

i think its the cheating and the theatrics of footballers that gets on peoples tits mate not the game itself. you wouldnt see a boxer throw himself on the canvas if the punch had missed, or a rugby player dive on the floor if someone touched his face. these two sports are still honest unlike football

• Like 2

All this " rugby players are real men " and " footballers are pansies "...........its such a stupid comparison to make.

Its like saying rugby players are fairies compared to boxers because they dont punch each other in the head all the time.........most people would accept different sports require different qualities.........rugby is about smashing into each other....football is not.....how can they possibly be compared :blink:

i think they are comparing the footballers as divers and cheats which they are in them clips, were as the rugby guys are fouled have a dig then get on with the game. :thumbs: football is all about the win now dosent matter how it,s acheived. :yes: Edited by TINY 12

The modern game of football is so far away from what it was even 10/15 years ago it's unreal, tackles that were perfectly ok then will get you a red card now......and god forbid you go up for a header against a keeper and he falls over.

I used to tell every opposition keeper before kick off " if you ain't got two hands on the ball I will put the ball and your arm in the back of the net"!!!........at armature level, it's a joke......they are almost removing the really physical side of the game totally.

Now, as for egg chasing, I got asked to play for the local rugby club loads of times but the fact was I couldn't stand all the beer/ macho silly bollocksing around.......loads of fat out of condition blokes and no skill at at all.

( by the way, I am now a fat out of condition bloke !! Lol lol)

Na, I would rather match up against a good back 4 anyday thanks very much!!!

And by the way, it's not soccer it's football!

Edited by WILF

i think its the cheating and the theatrics of footballers that gets on peoples tits mate not the game itself. you wouldnt see a boxer throw himself on the canvas if the punch had missed, or a rugby player dive on the floor if someone touched his face. these two sports are still honest unlike football

We,ll forget this little carry on shall we :D

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/195093/-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip-Bloodgate-rugby-star-I-asked-doctor-to-cut-my-lip

Cant say i disagree really......though im not sure its as squeaky clean as folk make out.......theres just not tv cameras on your every more in rugby,if there was im sure theres plenty bending the rules....it wouldnt be sport otherwise.

The modern game of football is so far away from what it was even 10/15 years ago it's unreal, tackles that were perfectly ok then will get you a red card now......and god forbid you go up for a header against a keeper and he falls over.

I used to tell every opposition keeper before kick off " if you ain't got two hands on the ball I will put the ball and your arm in the back of the net"!!!........at armature level, it's a joke......they are almost removing the really physical side of the game totally.

I used to think like that Wilf.......till i went to a few games in Spain,Holland etc......the education of the game they are brought up with in these places really made me question my thinking ( similar to yours )...........in junior leagues in Holland its actually against the rules to tackle !......we are so far behind the rest of the world in our approach to the way the game should be played it does make you wonder if the old " get stuck in " attitude is really ever going to take us far in the international game.....i dont like all the theatrical bollocks in our game today either....but i do think the emphasis on getting the ball on the floor and playing rather than booting it up pitch and wiping out the keeper.....is a good thing.

Only my opinion like....

We,ll forget this little carry on shall we :D

http://www.express.c...r-to-cut-my-lip

Cant say i disagree really......though im not sure its as squeaky clean as folk make out.......theres just not tv cameras on your every more in rugby,if there was im sure theres plenty bending the rules....it wouldnt be sport otherwise.

Shameful that Harlequins carry on gnash, a lot of money in the aviva premiership these days and that ultimatley led to this imo. Quins were losing and had to win to get into the play offs. Maybe its all about the money and less about the integrity these days and all sports will suffer.

On the whole football v rugby thing I love rugby with a passion but I also love football, both skillful and when played well are a pleasure to watch. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I used to think like that Wilf.......till i went to a few games in Spain,Holland etc......the education of the game they are brought up with in these places really made me question my thinking ( similar to yours )...........in junior leagues in Holland its actually against the rules to tackle !......we are so far behind the rest of the world in our approach to the way the game should be played it does make you wonder if the old " get stuck in " attitude is really ever going to take us far in the international game.....i dont like all the theatrical bollocks in our game today either....but i do think the emphasis on getting the ball on the floor and playing rather than booting it up pitch and wiping out the keeper.....is a good thing.

Only my opinion like....

Mate I totally agree, but when you see the physical side combined with the skill its why football really is the beautiful game.......to be honest as I got older and lost about 5 yards of pace I enjoyed my football more, well not more but differently......you had to play with you brain a lot more.

I was never a fan of the choppers, but I have had some truly brilliant battles against some gigantic centre backs........we have gone at each other hammer and tongs for 90 minutes and at the end shock each others hand knowing we had a really good test!

I have seen really skilful player who lacked bottle and physical presence and hackers who couldnt kick a ball to save their life, but you get physical presence and skill together it's a great combination.

Holland vs Argentina, 2 minutes to go......Frank De Boer plays a 40 yd cross field pass......Bergkamp controls perfectly with his first touch and with his second touch he absolutely buries it with the outside of his boot high in the right hand top corner of the Argentine net!!!............you will never see a try in rugby that will ever give you goosebumps like a moment like that

Now thats a thing of beauty!!!

f**k me, you have started me off now! Lol lol