final 2 digs of the season

wasn't going to go out today but the lad i gave the terrier to rang me at 8 dis morning and said he was out checking a few earths yesterday afternoon. so i said fair enough pick you up in half an hour. so got to the first spot checked the first two earths and nothing home went to the next field and my young bitch dropped in and started baying was a handy one at a foot broke in and lifted the dog and checked the fox it was a vixen and she was in cub so let her run for again and back filled and went to another spot of permission that i haven't done since last year. so we set of and after checking the first to earths and nothing home so was heading over to another one when the lurchers and springer started to mark a hole out in the field so let my other bitch in and the lad with me said this looks handy then we heard the bitch baying away and mixing it up so started to look for a mark and the best i was getting was 8 foot so left the bitch for a while and was still in the same place so we started to open up easy enough digging until the last 2 foot when we hit stone so kept chipping away and finally broke in and lifted the dog and dispatched a nice big dog fox. so wasn't a bad day thats my lot for the season

• Like 5