• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the forum from a neighbor across the ocean. There has to be a story that comes with Woodys Mum, can you share it?   Cheers and safe hunting

That pic of the bear in the bin is awsome,just the sort of scene I would expect to see in a documentary,the deer look fantastic too, and in some beautiful snowy countryside,is that you with the fish h

Posted Images

Hi Duncan, I am actually on the outskirts of Northampton Town, but still got plenty of greenbelt all around me,and of course got Bucks and Beds where you are on the dorrstep too, howdy neighbour nice to meet you.

Woodys Mum

Likewise Woodys mum :)

I'm in a tiny village near Olney and ive got a lurcher pup, about 3 months younger than yours.

Happy hunting.

Duncan

Hi Born Hunter, not a great story behind Woodys Mum, a Bedlington xwhippet x lunatic,I was in in the vets and he called Woody, then looked at me and said oh and Woodys mum,so the name stuck.

He looks upon me as his mum as im his main carer as hubs works long hours, but now he is going through his teenage years, and does any thing he can to annoy and outwit me lol.

I will have to put some pics up of him, he is quite heavy for a lurcher, and does take more after the beddlington side, but I hope he till does well at shows.

What are you up to in Novia Scoatia, do u hunt with dogs there,I would imagine things are a bit different there from here, would be interested to hear what goes on regards to hunting in Canada :bye:

Nice Duncan, are you going to show him as well as hunt? perhaps our paths may cross if you do.

What cross is your dog? You live in a good area for land it has to be said.

She's 1/8 whippet, 3/8 bull, 1/2 Greyhound and I do feel lucky where I live for the dogs and hunting opportunities generally.

I hadn't actually thought of showing her, but she is a good looking bitch so who knows?

Hi Born Hunter, not a great story behind Woodys Mum, a Bedlington xwhippet x lunatic,I was in in the vets and he called Woody, then looked at me and said oh and Woodys mum,so the name stuck.

He looks upon me as his mum as im his main carer as hubs works long hours, but now he is going through his teenage years, and does any thing he can to annoy and outwit me lol.

I will have to put some pics up of him, he is quite heavy for a lurcher, and does take more after the beddlington side, but I hope he till does well at shows.

What are you up to in Novia Scoatia, do u hunt with dogs there,I would imagine things are a bit different there from here, would be interested to hear what goes on regards to hunting in Canada :bye:

Hey (as we say in Canada) woodys mum, sorry so late getting back to you but have been away at my camp for a while and been doing lots of smelt fishing. We can't hunt deer or any other big game with dogs in Nova Scotia. I am a black bear outfitter and have lots of fun doing that. You can see my web page at www.blackbearoutfitters.ca for a better explanation and some pictures. I really enjoy this forum as the hunting and deer are a lot different from what we have here. The people are totally awesome and very helpful as well. I also have a facebook page Canadian Black Bear Outfitters with some great pictures of my camp, whitetail deer, black bears, and spearing for smelt (a small saltwater fish). I also have had several posts and threads on this site. Great talking to you and look forward to any stories you can share...Cheers and Safe hunting...Rob :bye:

Hi Rob,will definately give the Black Bear Outfitters a look on facebook, sounds like u have best of both worlds,a fun job and get to get some good hunting in as well,lucky guy!!. :bye:

Yeah, it is awesome but it's only for 3 weeks a year then I start my whitetail deer hunting. Can't wait for fishing season as it starts April 1st.

Cheers and safe hunting

Rob

Your fishing season starts earlier than ours,I think ours is in June,what sort of fish do you catch? And with the white tailed deer hunting, what method do u use to hunt them with ,I think Canada is the ultimate hunting place, it seems to generate a lot of interest amongst a lot of people in the hunting fraternity,do you hunt with dogs at all when you go hunting or do you favour the gun more? its cool to see other sides of peoples lives and the way they do things compared to us.

We are hoping to train our lurcher to hunt rabbits and also work with ferrets, the ferrets hopefully will be added in spring,he is a very headstrong dog but is clever, and he likes giving his mum a merry dance at the moment but im hoping with time he will be the buisness, lol watch this space,I will try and get a pic of him up as soon as i fathom how to upload one. :D

Your fishing season starts earlier than ours,I think ours is in June,what sort of fish do you catch? And with the white tailed deer hunting, what method do u use to hunt them with ,I think Canada is the ultimate hunting place, it seems to generate a lot of interest amongst a lot of people in the hunting fraternity,do you hunt with dogs at all when you go hunting or do you favour the gun more? its cool to see other sides of peoples lives and the way they do things compared to us.

We are hoping to train our lurcher to hunt rabbits and also work with ferrets, the ferrets hopefully will be added in spring,he is a very headstrong dog but is clever, and he likes giving his mum a merry dance at the moment but im hoping with time he will be the buisness, lol watch this space,I will try and get a pic of him up as soon as i fathom how to upload one. :D

Hey woodsy mum, we have speckled trout, sea run speckle trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, salmon, small mouth bass, stripe bass, chain pickeral, and perch which are all fresh water species and all have different seasons, limits and method of catching them. There are far too many saltwater species to mention :hmm: .

We can hunt whitetails with a bow (longer season) or rifle but in Nova Scotia we cannot use dogs, only with rabbits as far as I know. Me, I'm a rifle guy but I think I am going to try my hand at bow this fall as the season is over a month longer. I have used my trusty ole 30-30 winchester marlin for over 35 years and it has never let me down for bears or deer. I have posted a few pics for you to see :thumbs:

post-68391-0-33143100-1330201360.jpg

post-68391-0-17747400-1330201507.jpg

That pic of the bear in the bin is awsome,just the sort of scene I would expect to see in a documentary,the deer look fantastic too, and in some beautiful snowy countryside,is that you with the fish haul, the smile say it all,wow you have it all going on there for hunting,I know a few people who would really envy you.

Thanks for the pics , I am hoping to upload some soon I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to this lol, so I am waiting for some help, but keep on sending me some more hunting pics fantastic to see:) :)

• Like 1