BEST .22 RIMFIRE

Had my police interview on at saturday for my FAC licsence and passed,so i was wondering what would be the best .22 to get? heard that the cz was a good choise, so can anyone help. :hmm:

Hi mate what you had was a home visit nothing else a liason officer is

in no position to say you will get your FAC all he is there to do is

have a look at what security precautions you have in place

and even when they have been to see you it can take months before

you hear anything though all foces vary in times from area to area

regarding a rifle i had a (BRNO) CZ for years and it was a great wee

gun had a ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with laminate stock for 3yrs now

and find this also an excellent piece of kit :yes:

Hello Joe,phoned the firearms officer today just to put my mind at rest, and he was in the middle of processing my application, he also said that from what he could see there would be no problem, and it then goes to the main officer, so fingers are crossd.

Cheers for your info mate.

When i moved over here i got a Ruger 10/22...to say i have killed a SHIT load of game is an understatment!... :whistle:

Squirrels, rabbits, hares, fox, coyotes, and lots of other big stuff...mine would jam on Remington ammo, but since i switched to Federal, i havent had a jam (well maybe one or two per 500 rounds)...i love mine!...i put a Tasco Red Dot sight on mine and found it great for lamping and such...had more than a few shots at hares running and killing them...a great gun!..

Kye,..

most modern day .22 can out perform the shooter the individual who,s pulling the trigger along with confidence to take the shot has alot to to do with the end result. sako fin fire are nice rifles i now use a few different types or rifle ruger have built a good gun but the trigger pressure is far to heavy needing a kit to tweek it for a lighter let off saying that a cz is a very accruate bit of kit and wont break the bank each to their own what ever you use ;)

which ever you go for dont get a auto there crap had a 10/22 never again will i get a auto rifle , get your self a bolt action ..cz are good enough for rabbit ,crows ect and at the right price ..dont for get to try and get your self a big scope on it as you can only hit what you can see ..

Lindsay, looks like the mojority choose the CZ do you not trust my judgement :(:hmm: you could always ask Col Junner for his expert oppinion :laugh:

Mate,that will be my choice as soon as i get my licence :thumbs-up: as for the other name i wouldnt let him load my tattie gun :laugh: cheers mate i wull be back doon your way on monday pall :drink:

cz or bruno for a rimfire and you can't go wrong inexpensive and easy to get repaired.You can pick them up for just over £200 or buy a second hand 1 for about £100

For a full bore I would invest a little more money as I don't like the cz or bruno for a fullbore.

Each person has their favourite rifle or ammo.

Guest bruno527
brno,cz are the pick i reckon, not much wrong with the ruger as well if ya want a semi.

x2

cz exellent agricultural quality..solid & value bolt act

10/22 make it as you wish, parts endless.......std they are poo, work it & persomalise it!!

:clapper:

I researched this extensively relatively recently before making a purchase. After hours of reading and asking lots of very well informed people, I bought an Anschutz carbine and it is a great buy. It is a fantastic bit of kit; accurate, dependable, really well built and the design is superb.

I got it in March and have shot over 500 rabbits with it so far. My "rig" is a SAK moderator, Anschutz 1416 Carbine with a Simmons White Tail Classic 4-10 x 40 scope.

Buy an Anschutz is my advice..... job's a good'un.

Snelly.