BEST .22 RIMFIRE

ive a mate who has a cz it seems a handy rifle but im no expert on rifles but he has had a lot of foxes with it :)

if you have a FAC for a shotgun (all shotties are on FAC in n.ireland) and apply for a rifle do you still get the home visit same as i had for the shotgun or do they just process it as theve already ok me for the shotgun

:hmm: From [bANNED TEXT] i can gather you will also get an interview for a rifle(FAC),i applied for both at the same time, but the interview was all towards me getting a rifle,shot gun was no bother,the interview wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be.Loads of question, and then a quick look at my cabinet, i have my one in loft so he was happy it was out of the way. Hope this helps mate. :drink:

Guest gypo joe
Had my police interview on at saturday for my FAC licsence and passed,so i was wondering what would be the best .22 to get? heard that the cz was a good choise, so can anyone help. :hmm:

Hi mate what you had was a home visit nothing else a liason officer is

in no position to say you will get your FAC all he is there to do is

have a look at what security precautions you have in place

and even when they have been to see you it can take months before

you hear anything though all foces vary in times from area to area

regarding a rifle i had a (BRNO) CZ for years and it was a great wee

gun had a ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with laminate stock for 3yrs now

and find this also an excellent piece of kit :yes:

Had my police interview on at saturday for my FAC licsence and passed,so i was wondering what would be the best .22 to get? heard that the cz was a good choise, so can anyone help. :hmm:

Hi mate what you had was a home visit nothing else a liason officer is

in no position to say you will get your FAC all he is there to do is

have a look at what security precautions you have in place

and even when they have been to see you it can take months before

you hear anything though all foces vary in times from area to area

regarding a rifle i had a (BRNO) CZ for years and it was a great wee

gun had a ruger 10/22 heavy barrel with laminate stock for 3yrs now

and find this also an excellent piece of kit :yes:

Cheers Joe, i was led to believe that was it, as this was [bANNED TEXT] he said, he would go and process it straight away and that i would have it in shortly????? :hmm:

CZ american or bruno carbine... can't beat them. :) A bruno LR with a silencer on the end makes that little bit too long to be that practical for shooting out of a motor so a carbine makes it perfect... honest. :D

I used to have a Volquartsen tuned 10/22.. carbon TMF barrel and the works. Accuracy was very good but eventually got pissed off with unreliable feeding (probably due to me not stripping it down to clean enought) and fancied a change to a .17 HMR.

I've heard positive things of the ruger 77/22 and as for the Anchutz.. if you can afford one they are renound as the creme-de-la-creme.

At the end of the day mate... unless you are bench rest shooting given the practical range of a .22 for rabbits etc and the rounds inherint accuracy you shouldn't be too concerned about the weapon but make sure you get the right scope on it and that you are confident in you own abilities.

As Gypo says... the officer gave the thumbs up for the security side but it hasn't been through the other admin shite yet. Best of luck buddy.

Check out this link for an idea of what you can get for your money:

www.guntrader.co.uk

If you're after a muts nuts 10/22:

www.rimfiremagic.co.uk

I'm sure Deaco at http://www.decoying.co.uk/ would also be able to sort you out

:victory: