night vision

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those Yukon's are a crackin bit of kit X38, i've been out with a lad that used one. Though i'm with Giro in that i'd be fecking choked if it had to go. Remember the first time out with nightvision, y

i personally wouldnt like to use one i think it takes most of the aspect of proper lamping away but that doesnt mean i think its wrong and i could see the obvious benefits to using one like bringing o

Posted Images

I've thought about it but it'd be one more expensive breakable to lug round the fields. I don't think it would be worth the trouble/expense for rabbits. Maybe for other things.....

I'd certainly like the chance to try out different rigs and see how well they work and how far I could see with them.

Has anyone used them much for any purpose at all?

Edited by Maximus Ferret

I use it and rate it, it has to be the top dollar ones though. The one we use isnt mine, its a grands worth of digisight and belongs to a mate, he uses it on a rifle but when we're out with the dogs takes it off and spots for me. Its bloody good and cuts the time the lamp is on which is a definate bonus in some places. I bought a cheaper one and its just nothing like as good.

just got nv monocular off ebay today. hopfully will be able to spot the rabbits then only have to put lamp on them once when in range. or may fix it to rear of scope for rat shooting, if it will work.

I'm guessing it's one of the less expensive ones? Can you let us know whether it works or doesn't work for spotting and what kind of range please?

I once used am army issued Night vision scope for a walk out when out lamping once. Its alright i suppose, but i wouldn't ever buy one. Yeah you can see whats out there, before banging the lamp, but thats it. you still have to switch your lamp on eventually.

and yeah, someone else can see your IR signature

I use it and rate it, it has to be the top dollar ones though. The one we use isnt mine, its a grands worth of digisight and belongs to a mate, he uses it on a rifle but when we're out with the dogs takes it off and spots for me. Its bloody good and cuts the time the lamp is on which is a definate bonus in some places. I bought a cheaper one and its just nothing like as good.

you get what you pay for with nightvision although the new digital stuff is getting better

Lot of keepers in Northumberland use the nightvision.. Not for Rabbits mind. ;)

If you're using nightvision can you see someone else's nightvision, either IR or image intensifier?

Only if they are using an IR illuminator or laser, if they are using it passively then you shouldn't be able to see. Home cctv cameras can pick up the IR too which is worth remembering, had a neighbour come out one night, it was pitch black but he could see the laser on his cameras. Luckily it was permission.

always think about these devices but never got one,could do with some one with experience to say which ones are worth the money,dont know which gen 1 would be best as theres so many on market,gen 2s are obviously the way forward but cost a fortune

gen 3 plus is better but the digital stuff comming out now is better