Hearing protection

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was told that ear plugs weren't as good as full ear cups as it vibrates the small bones in your ear. Does anyone know if this is true?

I think thats true mate to an extent. If the little bones in you ear didn't vibrate then you wouldn't hear anything at all.

However, for clay shooting I would always wear full ear defenders rather than just plugs

Mitch

• 3 weeks later...

I have just got and used for my last 3 trips to clays a pair of Napier pro 9 ear defenders they work very well and i have had no problems with loud bangs or hearing what people are saying while i have them on, another plus is they don't need batteries to work.

The foam that goes around the ear canal will need replacing after a lot of use but they are cheap so no problem there

Look around on eBay to thats where i got them for £14 and they arrived with a price tag of £26 on them haha

I would recommend them

• 3 weeks later...

So do you put yourself at more risk using in ear plugs? like those you get on site?

I have some ear defenders that I use to have when landscaping , these are top end and will have to check the db rating later. Is there a guidline db rating for shooting though?

I 2nd electronic ear defenders.

I've got some Deben and they've been brilliant.

Advantage is you can hear everything as clear as day, chat, the trap releasing the clay etc. But come the bang, total protection.

I have ear plugs and I have Browning Passive defenders. All I ever wear is Deben, often in the field as well as with the clays.

• 4 weeks later...

Cotton wool helps...

I cannot get by with cans of any description, simply hate them, I use ear plugs, lots available and generally not too bad a price.

Whatever you want/can afford/suits you!

Anything is better than nothing!

:thumbs:

• 2 months later...