treatment for rat bites

Can anyone tell me what’s the best treatment if any for bites from rats on my terriers?

Before I just left to heal naturally, just want to make sure no serious damage caused you never know.

Thanks

EOD

Can anyone tell me what’s the best treatment if any for bites from rats on my terriers?

Before I just left to heal naturally, just want to make sure no serious damage caused you never know.

Thanks

EOD

SALT WATER WITH A DROP OF TCP.... ;)

I used to leave them too until I had one go badly wrong and end in a t.b infection which was ,to say the least very expensive .Rat bites need cleaning out with some sort of antiseptic for which I now use hibiscrub .

Guest MOLLY

If you do not know the correct dilution % for antiseptics then do not use. We are now developing new strains of antiseptic resistant bacteria due to incorrect use...the same as incorrect use of anti biotics has created the AB resisitant MRSA and C Diff bacterias.

I just bathe with cooled boiled water then let the dog tend to them, for all wounds.

MOLL.

• 2 months later...
Guest ripstop
I would of thought that Jeyes Fluid would burn there skin

thanks for the info everyone

WASH THE DOG DOWN WITH DURAMITEX TO STOP MANGE (HALF A CAPFUL SHOULD DO IN A BUCKET OF WATER) IT KILLS THE MITES THAT CAUSE MANGE IF THAT DOESNT DO IT THEN APPLY SOME NU STOCK AS FOR RAT BITES USE SALT WATER THEN DISINFECTANT AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAN AND DRY THEN THE DOG WILL SEE TO IT AFTER THAT