Slip Leads

A friend of mine does some fantastic leather work, and is doing slip leads, but he is trying to find the quick release clips,- the type that you release with your hand by the collar, and that you can lock, to prevent coming loose when not hunting.

Can anyone give any idea of a supplier. We have been all over the Internet but no luck.

:rocker:

Guest baldie

The type youre after gin are made from solid brass, in germany, i think. My mate, Glynn Jones makes leads with them, i,ve no doubt he would supply you, he advertises in EDRD.

A friend of mine does some fantastic leather work, and is doing slip leads, but he is trying to find the quick release clips,- the type that you release with your hand by the collar, and that you can lock, to prevent coming loose when not hunting.

Can anyone give any idea of a supplier. We have been all over the Internet but no luck.

:rocker:

We used to make them from a piece of aluminium, 2 1/2" x 1" x 3/8" thick, if you can get the aluminium, it's quite easy to cut the shape and drill it for a release pin and spring, if this is what you are after I could do you an accurate drawing to make them up from.

Wilky

glynn jones used to get the brass ones your talking about from Italy but he can,t get them any more, he has a design which is simaler but better but he can,t get anyone to make them up at the right price. Ive had the brass locking type one for nearly 10 years there the best slip ive ever had the other ones allways come open if you catch them ,the brass ones had a knurled catch on the you pushed forward to open them and were a quality piece of kit.

iv,e been asking all the leather guys at the shows and stuff for years to get another and they are all after them, someone could make a fair amount of money if they got hold of a couple of boxes of catch,s. I don,t no what i would use if mine snapped, I would be pxxxed off to xxck.