Ferreting with Ideation, Pics

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here is what happened . . . .   Recently Wednesday has become away day, and i have taken the opportunity to get in the car and go and work the dog and ferrets in some different places around th

Cracking pics............. You should have got a few picks of Jai instead of that lady........

The son of God disnae sleep, he`ll be busy sortin oot a few miracles before he has his tea.

Cracking write up mate :thumbs: It was good to meet you and we had a nice afternoon with a good end result. What more can anyone want ? Meeting like minded people and walking the walk, not just talking it :D

It's a shame there aren't more posts like this on this forum, if there were then maybe it would get back to being the informative place it used to be ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good write up mate, aren't you a tad worried running your dogs through woodland/cover etc with their collars on?. I'll take it for granted you've not had any problems or you'd have them off. Why do you leave them on ??.

Ive never seen a problem once with leaving a collar on a lurcher running through thick cover or hitting hedge's while lamping, mine go through some right thick cover and work very regular with hound's and ive never had a problem how many lurcher's have ye seen rap themselve's up in cover ?

Good write up mate, aren't you a tad worried running your dogs through woodland/cover etc with their collars on?. I'll take it for granted you've not had any problems or you'd have them off. Why do you leave them on ??.

Ive never seen a problem once with leaving a collar on a lurcher running through thick cover or hitting hedge's while lamping, mine go through some right thick cover and work very regular with hound's and ive never had a problem how many lurcher's have ye seen rap themselve's up in cover ?

I was thinking more of them snagging on something rather than getting tangled in cover, also, because you haven't experienced any problems don't take it for granted you never will. So now your here and you also run your dogs with collars on, can I ask you why?.

I was thinking more of them snagging on something rather than getting tangled in cover, also, because you haven't experienced any problems don't take it for granted you never will. So now your here and you also run your dogs with collars on, can I ask you why?.

Yeah i leave there collar's on all the time the kid's take them a walk sometime's and i like them to have something to attach a lead to,i also use a slip lead not alway's but usualy when i am lamping with company i do,i also have a collar on a younger dog when it's watching learning it's trade etc also i f i am running dog's out of a motor i alternate them on run's in the back and 1 is tied up in the back then they are swapped,ive never seen a dog snagged yet i guess it has happened i guess ive just been lucky like i think alot of folk's have i think i will leave them on though they dont seem to be a problem :thumbs:

Fair enough mate, your dogs, your decision, my school of thought is, if they're wearing collars then they might possibly snag on something, if they're not wearing them then they can't possibly snag on anything.

Yes ive heard it lot's of time's fella never had a problem and never known anybody else to have a problem either to be fair ive seen dog's running through cover and hit hedge's after quarry and impale them self on a branch or hedge never nothing to serious but it certainly stopped them, i think there is more chance of that than a dog snagging itself by it's collar i think it's abit of an old wive's tale myself but i cant denie it doesnt happen just because i havent seen it :thumbs:
  • Like 1