A good day at the office

Got a call at 7am saying my mate would meet us at the farm house but he was bringing his border/lakie Gyp instead of his bedlington. So me and my lass loaded my dog Brock and the 2 greys in the jeep and set off to her dads. When we got there after the short drive my mate still hadn't turned up so I got my lass to make some coffee and bacon buttys whilst waiting :yes: . My pal turned up with his little red bitch, so we had another coffee and butty then headed for the valley.

I had the greys running loose with Brock doing the cover and spotted 3 nice roe at the bottom, so grabbed the dogs back up as I didn't want any accidents of course :icon_redface: . We came to a good 6 hole den so decided with Brock being the most experienced of the 2 terriers I would put him in. The fox was running him ragged for about 10 minutes then settled at 1.4, so game on :D and I set about with the spade. About half way down I hit rock and put my shoulder out again (fired a 12 gauge years ago and held it wrong :icon_redface: ) but carried on anyway. Eventually broke through to a big dog fox and my mate give it the last rites with the .410. Extracted it to see it was a old mangy bugger :bad: so better off dead.

We headed further in to the plantation with the 2 greys air scenting about and young Tina marked a pipe, useless rabbiting cur I thought to myself :D but shone the torch in anyway and old charlie was staring back at me. So I said to my mate get your young bitch in whilst my lass was positioned at the other end of the pipe with the 12g. Let Gyp in and about a minute later the fox bolted and my lass gave it both barrels :victory: , a nice little dog fox in good condition.

Then we headed back to the farmhouse for another coffee as my mate is on night shift again tonight, but it was a good day at work for me and I enjoyed my mates company as well as seeing his young bitch bolting her 3rd fox :thumbs: and before the mickey taking starts YES my shoulder is still killing me :laugh:

• Like 5

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call at 7am saying my mate would meet us at the farm house but he was bringing his border/lakie Gyp instead of his bedlington. So me and my lass loaded my dog Brock and the 2 greys in the jeep a

Nice one mate! Sounds like your getting some work   Was out today myself but nothing at home as some idiot had been blocking up holes on my permission

Well worth the pain sounds like a great day and your terriers had some action .

Was out today myself but nothing at home as some idiot had been blocking up holes on my permission :censored:

Get there earlier :tongue2::laugh: I'm lucky as I'm the only 1 on the shoot with the little warriors and the locals in the village have getting to know the pack well. Come up sometime for a bit crack on :victory:

• Like 1

Was out today myself but nothing at home as some idiot had been blocking up holes on my permission :censored:

Get there earlier :tongue2::laugh: I'm lucky as I'm the only 1 on the shoot with the little warriors and the locals in the village have getting to know the pack well. Come up sometime for a bit crack on :victory:

I was there early, And i am the only one who has permission, I think it may have been one of the other farmers he is off his head and does silly things from time to time.

Sounds good man