BLOODY GOVERNMENT

Hello people did anyone else read in may issue of SPORTING RIFLE that the scottish goverment is looking to ban the use of airrifles to shoot pest birds inc woodies... :censored::censored:

But THE NATIONAL GAMEKEEPERS ORGANISATION is condeming the changes saying there "unimpressed".

whats next ? rabbits off our list?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Edited by woodchip

We were expecting this kind of reaction to be honest but as for banning airguns it does need to come from westminster.I haven't read the article but How are pest controllers going to carry out their jobs :angry:

Its all down to the idiots running about with airguns in the streets shooting firemen and people for a laugh.

It is an impossible task to have an out and out ban it would take years.

The police are looking at trying to get airguns re-classified and anybody owning them would need to meet the same criteria as we do for the FAC.Again I think this would be impossible to police due to the estimated number of airguns in circulation at 5million.If they re-classify them it would carry the minimum sentence for unauthorised possession at 5years so they would need to build a few more jails :hmm: .

The Scottish parliament are abusing the powers given to them and are only put there by the Scottish people so its time to stand up and be counted and vote for a party that isn't trying to ruin our way of life.I can only find 1 party with a committment to rural affairs but I am not going to name them I will say that their leader was at the SGA agm in March :yes:

We were expecting this kind of reaction to be honest but as for banning airguns it does need to come from westminster.I haven't read the article but How are pest controllers going to carry out their jobs :angry:

Its all down to the idiots running about with airguns in the streets shooting firemen and people for a laugh.

It is an impossible task to have an out and out ban it would take years.

The police are looking at trying to get airguns re-classified and anybody owning them would need to meet the same criteria as we do for the FAC.Again I think this would be impossible to police due to the estimated number of airguns in circulation at 5million.If they re-classify them it would carry the minimum sentence for unauthorised possession at 5years so they would need to build a few more jails :hmm: .

The Scottish parliament are abusing the powers given to them and are only put there by the Scottish people so its time to stand up and be counted and vote for a party that isn't trying to ruin our way of life.I can only find 1 party with a committment to rural affairs but I am not going to name them I will say that their leader was at the SGA agm in March :yes:

why not name the party ?

surely that would benifit the party and may get them some more votes ?

:hmm:

Not being funnie micheal ryan did not carry an air rifle nore did that bloke in dunblane . and banning hand guns worked (NOT)

yes there are twats out there with air rifles being c*cks but with an estimated 5 million air guns in the uk what the hell are they going to do the government cant control the number of hand guns entering th uk let a lone worrieing about us i mean your not going to go on a rampage in collage /work with an air gun are you .

They need to spend more time worrieing about serious gun crime.

dont get me wrong i think if your caught being a twat with an air gun then you deserve everything you get but as always it us law abiding serious hunters who pay the price. :hunter::gunsmilie:

Let's try it this way. If the 12ft/lbs air rifle went onto a similar ticket, as say a shotgun, would you apply for one if meant you could enjoy your sport legally and without any problems?

Is it unreasonable to store an air rifle in a locked cabinet?

why not name the party ?

surely that would benifit the party and may get them some more votes ?

:hmm:

Ricky the clue was in the quote all you need to do is go onto the Scottish Gamekeepers Association Website and you will find out.I am not 1 to air my political views.I have added a link to the website have a look you might be impressed :clapper:

http://www.scottishgamekeepers.co.uk/