Sign in to follow this  
bunnys

few picture of 2011 mules

If I don't get any mules this year I'm gonna pack in trying and just breed Irish fancies and possibly linnets, got 3 muling pairs this year so fingers crossed.

Don't give up just rethink what your doing and if you aren't doing anything wrong then change your stock,but to be honest what i've heard about breeding linnets you would want to breed something a bit easier to start with as they are hard work and you get more failed nests than successful ones.

If I don't get any mules this year I'm gonna pack in trying and just breed Irish fancies and possibly linnets, got 3 muling pairs this year so fingers crossed.

you will breed the mules just be patient , oh and yes the irish birds produce cracking little mini mules , atb bunnys..
  • Like 1

just to mention fireman made reference to linnets , the cocks can go through murderious tendencies putting it lightly . ifBRED IN CAGES MOVE THE COCK WHEN THEY HATCH , i have had them take the beaks and feet of ta the chicks ,they are very fierce in breeding condition . april time for them early mules can be got from them . atb bunnys.

I've heard that about linnet cocks getting aggressive when they are in condition, mine is steady as a rock at the mo which is what made me think about getting a hen for him and seeing if i could get them steady enough to cage breed.

I THOUGHT I WOULD POST SOME PICS OF MY GOOD OLD PALS , CANARYS WITH HIS KIND PERMISSION , BECAUSE I HAVE NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE A FEW CANARY FANCIERS ON HERE . HE HIS IN THE GLOSTER TYPE AND THESE ARE WHAT CAN BE ACHIEVED WITH DEDICATION TO THE FANCY .

• Like 1