A very worthwhile mission. . .

That Don may just turn out to be very influential on Lurcher breeding for a few years to come ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Doubt it mate, the owner will probably keep the lines tight and only breed as and when neccessary for close friends and family. ;) I reckon. :laugh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going out with the dogs for the morning.. No doubt now that the word minshaw has been said on here along with don in the same sentance the band wagon full of idiots will be on ruining a thread ye

Who's the tree hugging hippy with the pup :laugh:

strong looking pup and out of that breeding you just know. if its in the parents its in the pups its up to you to bring it out which im sure will be no problem ,an old contributer to the countrymans

Posted Images

Doubt it mate, the owner will probably keep the lines tight and only breed as and when neccessary for close friends and family. ;) I reckon. :laugh:

Cheers, D.

I would do the same to try and stop the idiot's getting there hand's on them and ruining them that is after the pound's have been made.

Theres something about these pups charti, the drive on this pup I've got here is irrepressable, just dosen't stop.

I know where you are coming from Johhny..ask Moll what this is like with her dog's..once it has tired one out it move's onto the next.. :blink: ..and her dog's are fit as fook but they can only take so much of this pup..i had her on the beach for a hour earlier..she come home and went to sleep for 15min's and now on and off for the past 2hr's she has been hammering my dog's.. :cray:

Ive had a few pups over the years but never one like this. I can hand on heart say she is horrible, not the kind of pup you want in the house. She never stops, is dominant over the dogs, and has been since she was small, even when they have had enough and REALLY put her in her place, she is back at them with the same drive and relentless determination a half hour later. I dread it when i know she is visiting, and absolutely love it when she leaves.

Face of an angel...... NOT.

post-57301-0-13415800-1331929447_thumb.jpg

Bigger than the whippet already.

• Like 5

That Don may just turn out to be very influential on Lurcher breeding for a few years to come ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Cheers, D.

I don't know why you doubt it. Even if the line is kept tight and close, the progeny should, if bred right, have a benificial effect on Lurcher breeding. Dons sire, Jack, has already made his mark, so no reason why Don shouldn't !

Cheers.

Theres something about these pups charti, the drive on this pup I've got here is irrepressable, just dosen't stop.

I know where you are coming from Johhny..ask Moll what this is like with her dog's..once it has tired one out it move's onto the next.. :blink: ..and her dog's are fit as fook but they can only take so much of this pup..i had her on the beach for a hour earlier..she come home and went to sleep for 15min's and now on and off for the past 2hr's she has been hammering my dog's.. :cray:

Ive had a few pups over the years but never one like this. I can hand on heart say she is horrible, not the kind of pup you want in the house. She never stops, is dominant over the dogs, and has been since she was small, even when they have had enough and REALLY put her in her place, she is back at them with the same drive and relentless determination a half hour later. I dread it when i know she is visiting, and absolutely love it when she leaves.

Face of an angel...... NOT.

post-57301-0-13415800-1331929447_thumb.jpg

Bigger than the whippet already.

:laugh:

If Lil is like Bron then I know your anguish Moll. :D My missus calls our pup Chaos. :yes:

If Lil is like Bron then I know your anguish Moll. :D My missus calls our pup Chaos. :yes:

God bless your poor wife then Johnny, i only see Lil occasionally, and that is MORE than enough :laugh:

Don't pity that woman! She is like a cross between the dog whisperer and crocodile dundee, serioulsy, the stuff she can get dogs to do is UNREAL! :yes:

sounds like hyper , hope this settles with age can become a pain in the ause need to switch off and a sign of a problem animal dont want to sound negative but this can be the case with some types . ps this his to it may not be the case with this whelp , atb bunnys.

sounds like hyper , hope this settles with age can become a pain in the ause need to switch off and a sign of a problem animal dont want to sound negative but this can be the case with some types . ps this his to it may not be the case with this whelp , atb bunnys.

It depend's on who is owning and training them.. :victory: .

Hyper, flat out call it what you like its a trait I'm betting once converted into hunting/working if used in the right way will give the dog that "little something" we only see so often. :thumbs:

:yes: :yes:

no punt intended fella but hyper aint got nowt to do with owner trainer etc , in ones own word the animal of coming from 2 hrs exercise took 15 minutes kip unless you can spend your life either stimulating the animal work etc this his the only way curb the condition , so for those who go to work , and perhaps can only manage 34 nights per week it can become a problem wher has they can be a nightmare to live with one way or the other. this myay not be the case with this animal but has your answer was has above i presume you realise the condition his there . this his a known condition in some lines if not most lines of collies and can pop up or the condition be bred for . stamina can be found in calm type animals with out the hyper condition , atb bunnys,

• Like 1

no punt intended fella but hyper aint got nowt to do with owner trainer etc , in ones own word the animal of coming from 2 hrs exercise took 15 minutes kip unless you can spend your life either stimulating the animal work etc this his the only way curb the condition , so for those who go to work , and perhaps can only manage 34 nights per week it can become a problem wher has they can be a nightmare to live with one way or the other. this myay not be the case with this animal but has your answer was has above i presume you realise the condition his there . this his a known condition in some lines if not most lines of collies and can pop up or the condition be bred for . stamina can be found in calm type animals with out the hyper condition , atb bunnys,

I can only think of one thing to say.. and that would be idiot.. :laugh:

Spot on, common in collie crosses and now in a lot of strains of gundog, usually trialing types, no off button, I often watch collies (most common) performing at obedience, agility, springball etc and think that they would make lousy companions and at the end of the day the majority of lurchers whilst hunting dogs are companions too. It doesn't matter if you work your dog three/four days a week all season, you have to live with it all year and if the trait to work constantly/ be doing something is in there then it doesn't matter who owns or works it.

this idiot his far wiser than you fella , i can assure you of that i have obviously rattled your cage . but will not bite to the demeanour , apositive post his all it needed to see what and how big a you are , atb bunnys.

• Like 1