A very worthwhile mission. . .

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going out with the dogs for the morning.. No doubt now that the word minshaw has been said on here along with don in the same sentance the band wagon full of idiots will be on ruining a thread ye

Who's the tree hugging hippy with the pup :laugh:

strong looking pup and out of that breeding you just know. if its in the parents its in the pups its up to you to bring it out which im sure will be no problem ,an old contributer to the countrymans

Posted Images

Just in case anyoneisshort on something to have a dig about. . . we now have in our mooching team.

- A Minshaw.

- A Hancock blooded dog.

- A Whippet.

- A Bull x.

So we just need to start hanging out with Mister Brick and we will tick all the boxes :laugh:

P.S - All this stuff about Dons age. You can measure a dogs 'experiance' in years or game on the deck, and there are plenty of 5/6 year old dogs that have not seen or taken what he has.

I look forward to meeting all concerend again, and picking up another pup at some point in the future :thumbs:

• Like 2

johnny boy i dont really see your point mate? im not critisizing the lads for the way there dog is bred thats up to them if its suits the land they run etc what i was trying to make sense of is how a dog can be called a minshaw if its more collie than lurcher but poachers explained it well enough. if your breeding pups off a young dog and gifting them to working homes the only people it matters to is the people who have to feed them and clean up there shit. myself i prefer a pup bred off older dogs cos some can look good in the first season or two then jack or whatever when pushed harder so i like a dog and bitch thats done loads so there tested to the full. but thats just me not evrybodys the same

What I was getting at Toby was you liked a post earlier in the thread about breeding off Don, not having a go or looking for an argument just stating that young coursing dogs are up for stud on a regular basis and not cheap either. And you being a coursing man just wondered what your thoughts were.

When I was offered the pup I jumped at the chance, has I said earlier Don is a youngish dog but he's been tested a lot harder than some dogs twice his age. The thing is do you rate a dog worthy of breeding off because of age or game its put away? Its a double edged sword and whatever people do will not settle well with some, thats human nature.

Like I said I'm well happy with the pup and the efforts that Andy's lad went to get it to me and the young lad can only be applauded for that, these lads ain't in this game for money but for the love of the lurcher game something that comes across when you talk to them, something we don't see to often these days. :thumbs:

• Like 6

Just in case anyoneisshort on something to have a dig about. . . we now have in our mooching team.

- A Minshaw.

- A Hancock blooded dog.

- A Whippet.

- A Bull x.

So we just need to start hanging out with Mister Brick and we will tick all the boxes :laugh:

P.S - All this stuff about Dons age. You can measure a dogs 'experiance' in years or game on the deck, and there are plenty of 5/6 year old dogs that have not seen or taken what he has.

I look forward to meeting all concerend again, and picking up another pup at some point in the future :thumbs:

:laugh:

Keep your ears open for any Plummer terriers around......haha !!

:D

- A Minshaw.

- A Hancock blooded dog.

- A Whippet.

- A Bull x.

with the breeding of these pups , they should do very well no prob. But from what was said i think regards the age think, these is some sence in what was said. Because some dogs do really well when young say 2-3 seasons, then some can just not shine as good the next seasons. Not saying it will be the case here , but it can+does happen, thats why a older sire or dam can be better either with good feet after 5-6 years, or still a full on temp,as some dogs can not give 100% as they get older.!!
  • Like 1

Andy.. that old man Jack look's a machine even in his older day's.. :yes:

That dog was a proper dog mate..NEVER lame bar for an odd knock but never held up in his work due to lameness and believe me he never sat in his kennel all his life :ninja: ..a big miss he is to me..best buddies we were :cray: .ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 2

Just to reply to what Bird and Toby and also Mackay mentioned about a dog running for several good seasons before mateing bitches which is a very fair point BUT i'm pretty confident this dog Don will run and keep on running lol..his sire Jack was running at the top of his game at 10..Nighttimenellie,Dodger and others witnessed it countless times..Jack's sire Bulpa killed more in one blackweek at the age of ten then many dogs would catch in a whole season..i ain't being big-headed or i hope i don't come across that way when i say that but telling porkies ain't my style..these dogs have longevity built in them when it comes to grafting and i see no reason why the Don dog will be any different to his ancestors? I guess time will tell but if i had the money i'd bet the whole darn lot (as i like a bet) that barring injury or death this dog will be amassing big hauls for many many seasons to come and never look like throwing in the towel. ATB Andy. :drink:

• Like 1

Just to reply to what Bird and Toby and also Mackay mentioned about a dog running for several good seasons before mateing bitches which is a very fair point BUT i'm pretty confident this dog Don will run and keep on running lol..his sire Jack was running at the top of his game at 10..Nighttimenellie,Dodger and others witnessed it countless times..Jack's sire Bulpa killed more in one blackweek at the age of ten then many dogs would catch in a whole season..i ain't being big-headed or i hope i don't come across that way when i say that but telling porkies ain't my style..these dogs have longevity built in them when it comes to grafting and i see no reason why the Don dog will be any different to his ancestors? I guess time will tell but if i had the money i'd bet the whole darn lot (as i like a bet) that barring injury or death this dog will be amassing big hauls for many many seasons to come and never look like throwing in the towel. ATB Andy. :drink:

you prob right Andy with( forebears) as Don comes from good stuff no dout about . But you know as well as anybody, that not all in the same litter do always follow suit. But the young dog going well so far, so lets hope he continues . :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Keep your ears open for any Plummer terriers around......haha !!

I have one he might be firing blank's at nearly 14 but you can put him over your bitch next week if you want.. :D

img82341.jpg

Haha........14 and not sagging at all, wish I could say the same.