A very worthwhile mission. . .

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going out with the dogs for the morning.. No doubt now that the word minshaw has been said on here along with don in the same sentance the band wagon full of idiots will be on ruining a thread ye

Who's the tree hugging hippy with the pup :laugh:

strong looking pup and out of that breeding you just know. if its in the parents its in the pups its up to you to bring it out which im sure will be no problem ,an old contributer to the countrymans

Posted Images

Or is it ok for certain people to do one thing but not others??.

Not directed at the guys who bred the pups as what they do is their own business, what boils my piss and I would imagine a lot of other peoples is, were this someone else studding a young dog they would be shot down in flames by certain people on here who are now on this thread and a previous thread back slapping, congratulating and generally blowing smoke up each others arses regarding the mating and pups produced. It's the inconsistency and two sets of rules that's the gist of it here.

Mackay..i own the Don dog and i don't give a hoot what ANYONE thinks about how/why and what i do with him? He is MINE..he runs for me and my lads..there hasn't been ANY pups put up for sale on here out of him,they are ALL in working homes...so exactly what is the problem that boils YOUR piss? Like i said on another thread...it's all about opinions and as that saying goes"opinions are like arseholes in that we all have one"...ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 1

The dog on the right is Lad his brother on the left was killed running a hare not long after this...Lad is Jess's dam so therefore grandsire to your pup. ATB Andy...oh and thats Ginny Spinner as a nipper haha. ;)

book214LadandJack-1.jpg

Or is it ok for certain people to do one thing but not others??.

Not directed at the guys who bred the pups as what they do is their own business, what boils my piss and I would imagine a lot of other peoples is, were this someone else studding a young dog they would be shot down in flames by certain people on here who are now on this thread and a previous thread back slapping, congratulating and generally blowing smoke up each others arses regarding the mating and pups produced. It's the inconsistency and two sets of rules that's the gist of it here.

Mackay..i own the Don dog and i don't give a hoot what ANYONE thinks about how/why and what i do with him? He is MINE..he runs for me and my lads..there hasn't been ANY pups put up for sale on here out of him,they are ALL in working homes...so exactly what is the problem that boils YOUR piss? Like i said on another thread...it's all about opinions and as that saying goes"opinions are like arseholes in that we all have one"...ATB Andy. ;)

Read the post, not directed at you, your dog, your choice when and what to put him to. I prefer that to some clown asking when should I breed my dog or what should I breed it with pish.

I would breed from a dog the age of yours if I needed to, but then I don't jump on everyone thinking of breeding, asking their reasons, homes for pups, generally interogating them as a lot of people on here do, I might add you don't either. All I'm saying is consistency would be nice, same rules for all.

• Like 1

johnny boy i dont really see your point mate? im not critisizing the lads for the way there dog is bred thats up to them if its suits the land they run etc what i was trying to make sense of is how a dog can be called a minshaw if its more collie than lurcher but poachers explained it well enough. if your breeding pups off a young dog and gifting them to working homes the only people it matters to is the people who have to feed them and clean up there shit. myself i prefer a pup bred off older dogs cos some can look good in the first season or two then jack or whatever when pushed harder so i like a dog and bitch thats done loads so there tested to the full. but thats just me not evrybodys the same

This is Lads dam here the little black bitch Kes...she was bred out of Bulpa who is the red dog beside her..great days from 20 odd year ago :D ..Bulpa is also Don's grandsire as he was father to Don's sire Jack...oh and both these dogs were bred in your dog Byker as Kes was also dam to Cora the dam of Jack :thumbs: . ATB Andy. :victory:

book164BulpaandKes-1.gif

• Like 3

Here's Kes's dam..she was called Tess..a Collie/Grey Bedlington/Grey x Grey bred by a long departed friend called Geordie Brown..her dam was called Lady and her sire was a track Greyhound called Stroller who held the clock at the Lonsdale Stadium in Workington back in 1978? Great memories :thumbs: . ATB Andy. ;)

book460Tess.jpg

• Like 1

A few pics I'll try get some better ones up later. Just to add the pups settled in well she was quiet all night. She's eating well and apart from a little spat with the old bitch she's mixing well, all in all a very confident pup.

S1030073-1.jpg

S1030065-1-1.jpg

S1030064.jpg

nice pup that johnny. and i bet you will be glad you took the time out to travel for what i can gather a well bred pup. atb trigger2

johnny boy i dont really see your point mate? im not critisizing the lads for the way there dog is bred thats up to them if its suits the land they run etc what i was trying to make sense of is how a dog can be called a minshaw if its more collie than lurcher but poachers explained it well enough. if your breeding pups off a young dog and gifting them to working homes the only people it matters to is the people who have to feed them and clean up there shit. myself i prefer a pup bred off older dogs cos some can look good in the first season or two then jack or whatever when pushed harder so i like a dog and bitch thats done loads so there tested to the full. but thats just me not evrybodys the same

I stated this on another thread..my last good dog was tried and tested to the limmit and took alot of big bag's and lot's of other stuff..i knew from the start when he was around 13mth old that he was going to be special from the way he ran his first ever hare..he did not catch that perticular one but he done everything right that a other dog's would struggle to do at that age...if i had the brain's and common sense at the time i should of put him to a good bitch as soon as he was doing good..because i will regret it for the rest of my life for not doing so..he died prematurly at 8yr's old..and i am yet to see a dog in the flesh that acheived what he did..but im sure i will see it again with this little pup i have here.. weather she was lined from a 3yr old dog or a 10yr old dog it still has the mineral's to do good and better..

So all you crabber's and wind up merchant's wind your neck's in and go try and spoil another less sensible post...because the lad's you are trying to belittle know there stuff... :thumbs:

• Like 1

just like to add a couple of things here,Don was never and still isnt at stud,i used him on my bitch as hes owned by my family,another reason i used him was i new what he would bring to the table with owning these dogs for 20years i have a good idea what they will throw,so it wasnt a stab in the dark as theres been dogs nearly exact same way bred as these dogs crossed in the past and worked with dons do or die attitude why wait for something to happen to him then be stuck,there was a dog called patch i would put him up there with bulpa and kes for stamina and he ended up going to the grave without sireing a single pup and for a dog of his callibre its a shame imo there was also meg(flying carpet) her liver failed when she was in the prime of her carreer again the bitch deserved to have pups on the ground and never did,cant understand peoples problems at times about don being used young theres one thing i will say if that dog doesnt kill itself itll still be grafting hard at a good old age,the amount of game that dogs put away in a few seasons is top notch by anyones standards and if im been honest therell be dogs out there 6/7years old at stud what probobly put a 1/10 of the game away this dog has already

Edited by pack of dogs
  • Like 3