A very worthwhile mission. . .

I don't think my pup here is hyper to the point where its going to be uncontrollable, it takes some tiring out though, what I was trying to get across was if this trait is harnessed in the right way and stimulated in positive actions then hopefully that balance comes through.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going out with the dogs for the morning.. No doubt now that the word minshaw has been said on here along with don in the same sentance the band wagon full of idiots will be on ruining a thread ye

Who's the tree hugging hippy with the pup :laugh:

strong looking pup and out of that breeding you just know. if its in the parents its in the pups its up to you to bring it out which im sure will be no problem ,an old contributer to the countrymans

Posted Images

this idiot his far wiser than you fella , i can assure you of that i have obviously rattled your cage . but will not bite to the demeanour , apositive post his all it needed to see what and how big a you are , atb bunnys.

Im no wiser than anyone...from one of your post's you come across to be crabbing the pup's..i may be reading it wrong.. :hmm: ..these pup's are full on as stated a bit more than a average pup...but they are pup's and with the right stimulation/handleing and work thay will settle into place just fine.. :yes: ...as for the stamina side of thing's it's not so much to do with stamina that is making mine hyper she has took the head strong side of the collie as apposed to the nervy pissy type..which is a good thing in my eye's..

Nice to see the pups coming along and thriving,i have full faith in them that the "boisterous" tykes they are now will be left well behind and all that energy that they seem to have will be put into "hunting mode" come the time they start grafting? Their sire Don wasn't so much different. I certainly wouldn't be worrying about it? Collie x's ain't suitable for many inexperienced owners but these lads don't fall into that category so i'm sure everything will turn out just grand? Keep em active in both mind and body and you'll not go far wrong imo? All the very best with them and i hope you have many years of good hunting with them as i have had from their forefathers. Just to reply to CP..i too think that Don may produce something of note if mated with a Grey..imo they would have more to offer than a pure Collie over a Grey? My personal opinion is that a Grey/Whippet and Don mated together would possibly throw something a little better than average when it comes to a bunny basher for lamping and ferreting? But we'll see?...had people at my door even of as at ten o'clock last night wanting a bitch mated and my phone ringing at nine this morning again wanting a bitch covered by Don BUT i declined both...there are plenty of Collie x's out there like Giro said with owners who keep "schtum" about their dogs..some prefer it that way and i say good luck to them!!! ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 2

reading my posts in no way was i crabbing any puppies , no such thing just that like has said this idiot has put by you seems to of pressed the buttons only because of your words some one has picked up on something which others have failed to see. Typicall of the kennel blind keeper who becomes to believe that the animal inthere posession his the beeall , but let me just say this mr millet , there his no breed line bred or other that does not produce duffers.I CAN understand youjumping to the defence of the anim in your possesion but that again his only one can not bring ones self to see that there may be an undesirable quality in ones whelp . has for the collie cur types or any other type for that matter i appreciate quality in the field care if it looks like a cur or any other , i have been round to lon g and seen and had the pleasure of seeing gooduns in the place where it matters the field of work . has for the heavy mooching lamping type these are actually my favourite type , so has you now can see i hold no displeasure from any type a good uns a good care how it looks , but what i would say to you mr millet i hope you can see past your inbuilt defences over the type you keep and see beyond your paranoid defence s over this type you keep , PS THERE HIS MENTION OF THE WORD DUFFER , PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS HAS I AM REFERING TO YOUR COLLIE CUR TYPE WHELP , ATB BUNNYS.

JUST READ THE POST ABOVE BY POACHER MY THOUGHTS ADZACTLY A GOOD GREW WOULD POSSIBLY TAYLOR MADE FOR THE SAID ANIMAL FOR BUNNY BASHIG AND PROBABLY MORE PURE GREY HIS A POSS ALSO BUT I HAVE ALLWAYS FOUND ON THE WHOLE THE GREW WITH THE TYPE WILL GIVE EVERYTHING A GREY CAN PLUS MORE , JUST TO MENTION I HAVE SEEN SATUREATED COLLIE TYPES BACK TO GREW S AND THEY CAN BE BRILL TYPES . FOR JUST ABOUT ANY WHERE . ATB BUNNYS.

• Like 2

Nice to see the pups coming along and thriving,i have full faith in them that the "boisterous" tykes they are now will be left well behind and all that energy that they seem to have will be put into "hunting mode" come the time they start grafting? Their sire Don wasn't so much different. I certainly wouldn't be worrying about it? Collie x's ain't suitable for many inexperienced owners but these lads don't fall into that category so i'm sure everything will turn out just grand? Keep em active in both mind and body and you'll not go far wrong imo? All the very best with them and i hope you have many years of good hunting with them as i have had from their forefathers. Just to reply to CP..i too think that Don may produce something of note if mated with a Grey..imo they would have more to offer than a pure Collie over a Grey? My personal opinion is that a Grey/Whippet and Don mated together would possibly throw something a little better than average when it comes to a bunny basher for lamping and ferreting? But we'll see?...had people at my door even of as at ten o'clock last night wanting a bitch mated and my phone ringing at nine this morning again wanting a bitch covered by Don BUT i declined both...there are plenty of Collie x's out there like Giro said with owners who keep "schtum" about their dogs..some prefer it that way and i say good luck to them!!! ATB Andy. ;)

Andy, I like to analize and think things thru', (maybe to much ! LOL !), and what attracts me to Don as a stud, is the fact that the Collie/Greyhound cross is the archytypal "Lurcher" cross... Don is heavily Collie influenced, but also has great Lurcher breeding. He is doing the business, so, in my mind, would be a far better sire than a pure Collie, especialy if put to a good class of Greyhound. I agree that putting him over a Grew, or Non-Ped Whippet would be a good idea, presumably to get a bit extra pace ? Anyway,good luck with him, I think it was an adventerous cross, and it seems to have worked !

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Bron is looking great mate...

I have just been reading about the pups being hyper, well from experience if they are trained right they soon snap out of it when they begin grafting.

DSCI2252.jpg

Edited by frankel
  • Like 1

Bron is looking great mate...

I have just been reading about the pups being hyper, well from experience if they are trained right they soon snap out of it when they begin grafting.

DSCI2252.jpg

Cheers lads for the comments. :thumbs:

Bron as started cooling down now I can get her out and about more, still very active but much more controlled now. She's shaping up nice, looking at pics of Lee's and Millets pups they look a bit stronger built than Bron who seems to be a little racier. :thumbs: