cree torches

I use this one

1600-lumens CREE XML T6 LED

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

(Scroll down the page)

I only use it for walking the dogs on a night not as a dedicated lamping light. Much more subtle then taking the striker and Its good for spotting to about 300 yards clear to about 150. Is a good back up light and pretty robust and well made for the price. In terms of beam I think its comparable to some of the rifle mounted cluelight ones and the batteries last ages (I charge mine up every couple of weeks)

For the cost i dont think it can be beaten, it will never be a striker but for 23 quid is pretty good and you could use it as a full time lamp if in smaller fields with no trouble

Edited by lapin2008

Yes, and in my opinion Cree torches have revolutionised lamping for ever!

One major point to bare in mind. Batteries are not cheap (CR123 (?) ), so buy rechargeables. A spot beam will kick ass on any flood beam. I have a 1600 lumen torch with a flood beam, it's usable out to 60 yards but lights the whole field up. I have a 350 lumen tight beam which I can use right out to 150 yards, it will reflect eyes much much further afield. (very tight beam by using a convergence lens). www.dealextream.com (dealextream.com) is the place to start your quest.

John

i'd agree the CREE are the dogs danglies for size and power.

i have a 200 or 100luminum one, twist the head to select, 100 lum's i can shoot on to about 70 yards, 200 lums is 200 yards to see bunnies. with double filters in orange on 200 lums i took a 72 yarder np's..accidental like lol.*2 hours on full, 8-10 on half)

i've got a head torch one 100 lums, does a hundred yards but has a dimmer..up to ten hours on low.

The double battery ultafire zoom 1600 lumen will do 10 hrs easy..i joke you not !

10 hours easy :blink: i use the same torches with 4000mah batteries and get nowhere near that run time,what batteries you using ????

just checked it has>

3000mAh its says on the red batteries x2 , 1 charge from new 36-48hrs & i can use for 3-4 nights a week for 2 week ! Not a constant beam but at least 3-4 hrs a night use.

Edited by shootlodge